VPS Reseller

Hudson Valley Host is another hosting company that lets you resell Linux VPS Servers.

forgot about them.
http://hudsonvalleyhost.com/vpsreseller.php

with HVH you purchase a VPS resell plan with resources and then split these resources into VPS setups to resell

Linux VPS Reseller Features:

1)You get a Reseller VPS Account to completely manage your clients VPS, from suspending, to booting, to changing the root password. This includes adding and deleting clients/VPS accounts.
2)Set your own prices. You decide what price you want to sell them at.
3)Your client gets his own account as well to manage his VPS
4)Fully unbranded. There is no Hudson Valley Host links anywhere, and the website address to login is also unbranded
5)Over 10 possible OS for your clients to use

I wouldn't go with Burst.net either. Seen so many people do it - easy to setup but lots of issues. It's a pain. Go with a trusted host.

A lot of hosts do offer reseller programs, just not officially listed on their site. If you send them a sales ticket, they might be able to help.

There's 2 types of reselling option you can do. Reselling the resources or reselling per vps and earn commission with it. Usually host would prefer you to sell with commissions. Because in the end of the day if you decided that its time to build your own vpses, you won't be able to take your current clients forward with you. Which is a bad thing. You either continue to resell and earn through commisions or drop all your hard earn customers to them.

Reselling the resources is much better, because it gives you some degree of control over your customers. But you have to find a host that is willing to troubleshoot the servers if your customers ran into a problem. And you have to manage a wide range of OS too, typically linux if you're reselling linux boxes.

If I were you, I would search a provider who provide fully managed services. Cost abit, but worth the price. Both for the future and present. And you have to decide which place you want it to be too. Consumers who buy vpses are typically more concern with location because in assumption, they are more informed than shared hosting users.

Last edited:
There's 2 types of reselling option you can do. Reselling the resources or reselling per vps and earn commission with it. Usually host would prefer you to sell with commissions. Because in the end of the day if you decided that its time to build your own vpses, you won't be able to take your current clients forward with you. Which is a bad thing. You either continue to resell and earn through commisions or drop all your hard earn customers to them.

Reselling the resources is much better, because it gives you some degree of control over your customers. But you have to find a host that is willing to troubleshoot the servers if your customers ran into a problem. And you have to manage a wide range of OS too, typically linux if you're reselling linux boxes.

If I were you, I would search a provider who provide fully managed services. Cost abit, but worth the price. Both for the future and present. And you have to decide which place you want it to be too. Consumers who buy vpses are typically more concern with location because in assumption, they are more informed than shared hosting users.

Thanks for the insight. I haven't been back to this thread in awhile but remembered it when I scrolled down through this list.

When I started my company I got a reseller plan, but because the upstream provider was overselling on the server it caused my accounts to run slow. So I got a VPS and moved all my domains to the VPS and the sites run much faster. I've gotten more VPS accounts since then and basically offer shared hosting. I'm thinking about adding a reseller account to offer prospective clients but not sure what the pros and cons are at this point. I'm a bit leary with allowing someone to add whatever they want to my server, but then my terms kind of cover a lot of stuff anyway so at least with that in place I can enforce a few things if it gets out of hand.

Thanks for the insight. I haven't been back to this thread in awhile but remembered it when I scrolled down through this list.

When I started my company I got a reseller plan, but because the upstream provider was overselling on the server it caused my accounts to run slow. So I got a VPS and moved all my domains to the VPS and the sites run much faster. I've gotten more VPS accounts since then and basically offer shared hosting. I'm thinking about adding a reseller account to offer prospective clients but not sure what the pros and cons are at this point. I'm a bit leary with allowing someone to add whatever they want to my server, but then my terms kind of cover a lot of stuff anyway so at least with that in place I can enforce a few things if it gets out of hand.

I would say 95% of your clientbase have reseller accounts and we have no issues. when you setup a plan if you are using cPanel/WHM then you can restrict the amount of accounts a reseller can set up on the account, which helps alot. I also find some people prefer reseller accounts over a single site shared account, so they can run all their sites from 1 place. out of the 95% of our resellers approx. 20% of them actually sell hosting services, 75% of them only host their own sites.

Maybe it's also a good idea to just order a dedicated server and create VPS interfaces under it, so then you can resell :)

Maybe it's also a good idea to just order a dedicated server and create VPS interfaces under it, so then you can resell :)

We tried both methods of having a ded server with VPS interfaces and even reselling from a VPS reseller account and could not attract enough custom for these services to warrant us continuing to offer them

I was wondering about reselling VPS, sounds pretty complicated and not worth the pricing. I think overall it seems most here are recommending affiliate sales of it or something along that line. I have always done hosting for my design clients but I am now looking to do hosting as a primary sales source as well. Just trying to figure out domain name for it since none that I want are available. Thanks for the advice, I think I will stick with basic resell hosting for now and affiliate for those that want dedicated or VPS

I was wondering about reselling VPS, sounds pretty complicated and not worth the pricing. I think overall it seems most here are recommending affiliate sales of it or something along that line. I have always done hosting for my design clients but I am now looking to do hosting as a primary sales source as well. Just trying to figure out domain name for it since none that I want are available. Thanks for the advice, I think I will stick with basic resell hosting for now and affiliate for those that want dedicated or VPS

There is nothing wrong with reselling VPS servers. Its just quite the jump to go from reselling web hosting accounts, to reselling servers. If you're not knowledgeable with servers in terms of setup and support then I would definatley resell thru a main provider. Otherwise the best option is to get a larger dedicated server and virtualize many servers on it.

There are some providers but they dont advertise vps reseller plans on the websites so you need to contact them personally.

If you do not want to own your own hardware you can find a host that has vps reseller plans. We give clients the option of reselling either windows or openvz vps. All you have to do once your plan is up is create the VPS and start offering them to your clients.

I am considering reselling VPS accounts. Even though I understand regular web hosting and reseller accounts, reselling VPS is a whole nuther arena for me. I ran across ResellersPanel and registered there and it looks like they give you a store. I was hoping to put the information on my own site and take orders there but I'm not sure how good that would work since these accounts would not be on my servers.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated, also any suggestions as to who might offer a good vps reseller solution for my company would be great.

I'm not interested in owning hardware although I know I can get my own for only around $125 a month I just don't want the hassle of maintaining it. I know it would be easier to offer VPS with my own machine but I prefer to use someone elses machine since my company is new and I'm the only one doing all the work. I think at a later point once my business grows it may come into focus, but at this point I
think finding a reseller option will suit me best.

Yes, you can purchase VPS hosting from your hosting provider and you can resell to your client.

Before you resell your VPS first of all you need to choose the best hosting provider and you have to check the service, package and features must be suit on your requirements.

Yes, you can purchase VPS hosting from your hosting provider and you can resell to your client.

Before you resell your VPS first of all you need to choose the best hosting provider and you have to check the service, package and features must be suit on your requirements.

but that wont be white label, so your client will know where the server is from and who is hosting the server.

In effect you pay $5 to your provider and sell to your client for $10. you provide your client with all the VPS details showing the VPS plan and the provider. you client can then check your supplier out and see that the plan they are on is only $5. so now the cancel with you and go direct to the supplier and save themselves $5.

so now you lost a client and $5 a month