Wallet [Wal"let]

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
I registered WOLET.com, because I thought it would be a terrific name for some sort of a web based venture. I have a few in mind, nothing in particular.

Since the word does not mean anything, but is pronounced like "wallet" just want to hear if you think the name has easy to remember features, rather than what its value is. I know there is either no value, or whatever value the buyer is willing to pay for it. As I am not going to sell the name, I would like to ask you what other associations, perhaps, you have with the name Wolet.com

Thank you,

To be honest, Art, I think it will be difficult for the name to be effectively promoted through word of mouth advertising. When people hear the pronunciation, they'll most likely think of Wallet.COM, not Wolet.COM

Of course, with effective advertising, you'll minimize the issue, but it's gonna be an uphill battle, IMO.

I hope you used a $6.95 coupon. :)
http://www.dncoupons.com/godaddy.php

webfreak08 said:
I hope you used a $6.95 coupon. :)
Oh yes I did! :twocents:

Thanks for your suggestion though! Wolet.com is a Web 2.0 name, that is why it is spelled the way it is. What I mean by Web 2.0 are all those hard-to-pronounce names that make little sense, or none. For example, Flickr is incredibly difficult name to remember.

Honestly I'd remember it as WO LET (Woah, Let) , not wallet...BUT I'd also associate it easily with a coupon/savings based website. Something perhaps like what FatWallet.com has going on for it's members (Save X percent/dollars on stores that you shop with by using the links provided by FatWallet).

John, I didn't think of the name that way. However, the coupon site idea has crossed my mind. Food for thought!

I've always been interested in the value difference between buying a memorable domain and buying gibberish and making it memorable.

Filckr, Woot, and Google are two good examples of buying gibberish (although Google really is a word - kind of) and making them memorable.

I think that ultimately it takes a lot more money to make gibberish into a brand, but probably pays off more in the end.

This is way OT, isn't it....

I agree with the wallet part, people might mistake it for wallet. Although, if it's advertised via writing, then you won't have any issues. All I can say, is it should have something to do with mabye marketing or business type of site/forums. Anything money related. Mabye you could use it and become a domain registrar and give us $6.95 prices :thumbsup:

- domain: wolet
- tld: com
- length: 5
- wolet contains no hyphens
- wolet contains no digits

Adjusted for word count of 2:
Total internet occurrence value : 1630.2
Total internet market value : 1.2
Search frequency value : 0
Proper Name Value : 0

Appraisal Value of wolet.com
- Dollar Value is $4105