WARNING - Deceptive webhosting - Espinda.com - Deceptive

espinda

I thought the idea of unlimited bandwidth and webspace sounded great but when I signed up for Espinda.com, I realize I made a mistake. I cannot upload files a lot of the time and the server times out all the time. The customer service is not helpful and they will blame the customer for problems that occur. Very unprofessional and it's very deceptive. In addition, the web server runs very slow. The email forwarding does not work which made my website loose some business.

Everyone, please also list other deceptive or poorly managed hosting companies for the rest of us.

Thanks! My email is cashzzz@hotmail.com for people who wish to respond to me.

Last edited:
"Unlimited disk space" and "unlimited transfer" always sounds good when you're a little green in the hosting sector.

Neither of the two are possible, and the end result is always messy; dead servers.

My advice would be to look for a hosting company that doesn't focus merely on massive quotas, and dirt cheap prices.

When you find a hosting company that you like the look of, do a search for them - on here, on google, on webhostingtalk, and as many places as you can think of.

Research = peace of mind. Peace of mind = happy customer.

Simon

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Don't choose your hosting like an all you can eat buffet.

Determine what your needs are and buy based on that.
If all I need is 50mb and 1gb, I will look for a host who offer this in my price range.
It doesn't make sense to look for a host that offers 10 times this in the same price range because you are increasing you chances of getting a lousy host.

that makes sense about the buffet example, lots of food lower quality though. Yea you would be better going and buying a plan that gives you a set amount. Quite often warez networks try to operate on the unlimited hosts and the hosts tend to oversell per server to try and make a profit.

I'm sorry to hear you experienced such problems with espinda. Too bad you had to learn that "unlimited" is not good the hard way...

BTW, what website do you have with them?

I thought the idea of unlimited bandwidth and webspace sounded great but when I signed up for Espinda.com, I realize I made a mistake. I cannot upload files a lot of the time and the server times out all the time. The customer service is not helpful and they will blame the customer for problems that occur. Very unprofessional and it's very deceptive. In addition, the web server runs very slow. The email forwarding does not work which made my website loose some business.

Everyone, please also list other deceptive or poorly managed hosting companies for the rest of us.

Thanks! My email is cashzzz@hotmail.com for people who wish to respond to me.

I Suggest not only other peoples but also my clients, to Check Twice before you Buy, Since this is Internet....You cannot ask / Q? people as in Live....that is the Major Disadvantage...

I am Sorry for what has happened to you.....I Suggest next time you take Decesion...Please Enquire about all Services Offered by the Company in this Forum (or) by Contacting the Respective techs.

by the way the company espindia.com seems to NOT Work from my Place....

And I also wanted to tell you, next time don't go for Unlimited Space and Transfer.....When it comes to Bandwidth and also Space....there is NO Question of "UNLIMITED".....Be Careful of companies offering Unlimited Space and Bandwidth (they always Keep Hidden Charges)!!! :shh:

Good Luck

Last edited:
Decent bandwidth with Globat

Hi,

Sorry to see you got burned. I use Globat's basic Gigabyte package and had plenty of upload/download bandwidth (except for occasions when the slammer worm or other virus hogged the entire internet bandwith or took down the DNS servers of the internet backbone).

It's been three years since I've been with them. If you'd like to try, I can create guest accounts on my "inactive" website for you to test FTP transfer speed and on my "active" website if you want to see transfer speed via their online web-status page.

Luan Vu (Michael)
http://www.t3n4c10u5.com ("active")
ftp://stmaarten.globat.com ("inactive, except for FTP transfers")
mailto:luanmikevu@gmail.com

Domain Name: T3N4C10U5.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS1.DNSJUNCTION.COM
Name Server: NS2.DNSJUNCTION.COM
Updated Date: 12-aug-2004
Creation Date: 12-aug-2004
Expiration Date: 12-aug-2006

What site have you had with them for 3 years?

since you asked.

the hosting company is
www.globat.com

Their Gigabyte package is a starter package with the best value for the features. Please note that they do not give telnet or ssh access.

luanmikevu, the question is about YOUR SITE. You said you've been with Globat for 3 years. What site have you been hosting with them for 3 years?

Simon said:
"Unlimited disk space" and "unlimited transfer" always sounds good when you're a little green in the hosting sector.

Neither of the two are possible, and the end result is always messy; dead servers.

My advice would be to look for a hosting company that doesn't focus merely on massive quotas, and dirt cheap prices.

When you find a hosting company that you like the look of, do a search for them - on here, on google, on webhostingtalk, and as many places as you can think of.

Research = peace of mind. Peace of mind = happy customer.

Simon

Well put! I sometimes think that because we do not offer really large amounts of bandwidth, it is a drawback, but my clients are happy when they realize that they don't need those really large amounts.

Unlimited usually means overselling and downtime.

Well, unlimited bandwidth can also mean unlimited bandwidth on a t1 line - unlimited is always upto capacity, which is something that most customers don't understand (and why so many people unfortunatly fall victim to such advertising gimics).

espinda.net

I have fallen for the same sham host Espinda.net with their promise of low/low proces but now I find I cannot access my page using any of my local ISP's...

How difficult will it be to change to a new host ?

I don't want to loose my registered domain ! What can I do ?

ChopperJohn said:
How difficult will it be to change to a new host ?
I don't want to loose my registered domain ! What can I do ?
John, that would depend whether you registered your domain with Espinda or a separate domain entity.

Best,

I have never understood the need of unlimited packages. I personally have a 650mb/13gb bandwidth server and this is ample for my needs and more.

I pay around $10/month...its £5.25 (im in england). Anyway if you would like to check out the host im with then visit www.bladehost.net, i recommend them.

I take it back

Well I persisted with the folks in the support centre and finally I got some satisfaction. They have admitted it was a mistake on their part and my site is now back up and running. (Panic over :dance: )

HOWEVER: the site is still registered in their name and not mine. Do I have any come-back in this regard ? do I have any right to demand that it should be registered in my name ?

Thanks for the feedback....

¬
John

luanmikevu said:
the hosting company is
www.globat.com

Their Gigabyte package is a starter package with the best value for the features. Please note that they do not give telnet or ssh access.

I use Globat.com too. It really not bad. Huge space and bandwidth... :thumbup: