Ways to advertise on facebook?

The guy of the video says its unworth to advertise on facebook,really I havent tested it for its expensive rates,he might be refering to page advertise and the buy likes,however I agree to the fact that Facebook dont know how to benefit from their audience but forcing them to advertise and bid since is the highest bidder's add you see on the end being or not of ur interest,nice video ha and also very atractive guy

We have used Facebook for advertising in the past, and although we did get a lot of clicks, very few of those turned into actual customers. I think for it to be successful you need to target the ads to a specific user group and the offer has to be extremely enticing. I think people tend not to be in "shopping mode" when using Facebook so you might just as well spend the money on Adwords. At least with Adwords we see consistent conversions, altough, it could get expensive for low-priced hosting.

We use Facebook/Twitter mainly to engage with existing customers and for SEO.

Could you guarantee that thousands of dollars invested on facebook if had been invested on Adwords could have been turned on to actual CLIENTS?

Could you guarantee that thousands of dollars invested on facebook if had been invested on Adwords could have been turned on to actual CLIENTS?

That depends on multiple factors, not just the ad.

You can sink thousands of $$ into an ad, but if:

1) The ad copy is of poor quality, they won't click
2) they click, but the page they land on is of poor quality, they leave
3) they don't leave, but the checkout is confusing, they leave
4) they don't leave, but need more info and there's no clear way of contacting you, they leave..
5) they found a way to contact you, but your sales person is confusing them, they won't buy

It's not a matter of throwing money at facebook, Google or whatever ad company you have in mind, it's a matter of creating quality campaigns.

Im not part of Facebook's team and really Mark Zuckerberg phillosophy I think is <snipped> since
is nothing new but factors the www already has,honestly I think he is a lucky child that did
partner with the right people at the right time and that all his good luck is nothing but good
marketing,its all pure psychology,facebook are masters of advertising and if you want to hit it
hard you will remember me,you just need to advertise and that is that.
First it was metacrawler and Yahoo ,then it took some knowledge to match and better yahoo
but still google is an advertising leader,and so Facebook is the same,tomorrow it will be gone
and there will be some other more talented taking their place.

Time after time,are you ready?

Last edited by a moderator:
Share good content, be open, keep in touch with your fans and you won't need to buy anything. Facebook is an alternative to traditional means of advertising at it offers so much more - communication, trust building, etc.

I dont see no <snipped> communication on facebook perhaps you should tell us how to build that touch with the fans

Last edited by a moderator:
The best method would be to share your website links, articles, announcements and press releases on your FB page or other social media pages.

Most of the time, I use hashtags and if I'm on Twitter I try to mention other big company name (not competitor) that can relate to my post that way other users following that company might see and may follow you as well.

I think it's a good way to post news, organize polls and giveaways, remind followers on the packages you offer. Maybe it's a good idea to get into some relevant Facebook groups and post there, engage in discussions and so on. Similar like on forums.

I think it's a good way to post news, organize polls and giveaways, remind followers on the packages you offer. Maybe it's a good idea to get into some relevant Facebook groups and post there, engage in discussions and so on. Similar like on forums.

Do you know some relevant FB Groups for posting Web Hosting ads?

Do you know some relevant FB Groups for posting Web Hosting ads?

You just type "Web hosting services" in Facebook search space. There are many, but not sure how valuable they are. You could also create your own Facebook group.

Last edited:
You just type "Web hosting services" in Facebook search space. There are many, but not sure how valuable they are. You could also create your own Facebook group.

Thanks for the info! Maybe I will try to create a group as well, heck its free why shouldn't I? :D

You can start advertising on Facebook by creating a page and adding reliable information on it. Then you can try the Facebook Ads promotion and actively communicate to your prospect audience by posting unique content to your page. Some might join to relevant Facebook Groups for more exposure. You can do Facebook commenting there and promote your page.

Try to read this article to enlighten you more:
http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/21-social-media-marketing-tips-from-the-pros/

Hope it helps!

I would start with Facebook ads and use the link to your website option. It's still pretty cheap and will get hits. I chalk it up to branding but you can get some business as well.

We have used Facebook for advertising promotions and purchased there advertising with it. It did alright put in our opinion is not worth paying for there advertising.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamHostBrett