Web Host Review Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipodman

Hey guys,

I am looking for a review on my site, See my sig.

Its not 100% complete yet but looking for ideas on the basic layout.

I am playing with the idea o fmaking a user section within user tools such as whois, page rank checker etc but not sure about that one just yet.

Thanks

Your navigation tabs, top advertising banner and top Google advertisements overlap your header. I don't know what point sizes you're using on your STATS page, but they need to be toned down.

Good luck developing your site, and the best to your success.

Thanks for the comments, I have sorted out the issue with the Ad placement, I used z index to bring it above all other text, I have now sorted that issue out.

I will also sort out the stats page as well.

i have had mixed reviews with the style ie use of colours... So any views on that would be good

I think you should put your logo to the left of your header. It would look better that way. And perhaps have a graphic as your logo? Using words alone makes it look rather 'cheap' IMHO..

The logo does look 'cheap.' It's possible to make an all-text logo that looks nice, but the font you used is not ideal for that.

The combination of the poor-quality logo and the bright Google ad brings the overall quality down, in my opinion, a great deal. I would redo the former and nix the latter.

Looks great. I see you changed what needed to be done by listening to the posts above me. All I can say is nice job.

There seems to be some coding issues, at least in Safari 4. I would also recommend some images to break up the text. Good use of colors though.

Status
Not open for further replies.