Web Hosting advice.

Sneblot

I have been asked to create a site for a artist group and I am doing some research in to a good competitively priced web host which offers over 5Gb of space as the site will have over 100+ of high res images and 200+ pages for the 9 artists.
As this page would likely reach 1000+ visits a month I am looking for a host with a large bandwidth quota.

Does any one know of a good host with timely customer support?

There are plenty of members on HD that could provide those services. Why not put in a request here, and check out their offers? :D

Good Shared hosting will be suitable and best for you with current needs. If the Page content and traffic increases you can either switch over to dedicated or VPS.

What sort of budget do you have for this? It sounds to me like you'll need either a high end shared hosting plan or a VPS

The most important of hosting is service. You must always read the T&C first and make sure with SLA.

Last edited:
I have been asked to create a site for a artist group and I am doing some research in to a good competitively priced web host which offers over 5Gb of space as the site will have over 100+ of high res images and 200+ pages for the 9 artists.
As this page would likely reach 1000+ visits a month I am looking for a host with a large bandwidth quota.

Does any one know of a good host with timely customer support?

You may go for HG. Or just put the hosting request to this forum and you may get a lot of offers.

What do you want?
Reliability
or Quantity.

This will narrow your search down quite a bit.

Might want to look at starting with a shared plan, then moving up as the website grows, possibly with the same web host.

I would go with a managed VPS.

These are great for people who arent linux savvy and need help setting it all up and maintaining it.

You could start out with a shared hosting plan, but I also think you will eventually need a VPS. And as someone said before, you could find a host that offers both shared plans and VPS and upgrade when you need it.

I tell you - LOOK! don't believe FREE Hosting bcz Free Host never came with guarantee. You site can down anythime with cause or without any cause - It's really doesn't matter!

Please Choose- Paid Hosting. Paid Host comes with Guarantee.

Now - Your choice ! :)

I tell you - LOOK! don't believe FREE Hosting bcz Free Host never came with guarantee. You site can down anythime with cause or without any cause - It's really doesn't matter!

Please Choose- Paid Hosting. Paid Host comes with Guarantee.

Now - Your choice ! :)

Good advise. If your website is important to you, invest a couple bucks a month into it and get a reliable hosting plan

Paid Host comes with Guarantee.

Maybe, but the guarantee is only as trustworthy as the host. Also, based on my experience, service quality can vary a lot. Some hosts keep the servers up and running, but they're slow. Few hosts have any kind of guarantee regarding server performance, or support responsiveness for example.

I would check for unmetered bandwidth as well, and then avoid it completely.
It's nothing more than a marketing ploy that borders on dishonest.

A VPS would have to be the way to go for you. You can go with companies like HostGator or JustHost but to be honest, those companies are far to big and get to your requests slowly. It's much better to go with those smaller companies that way you make sure your queries always get answered in time.

MOD NOTE: Edited for self-promotional content.