Web Hosting Buzz

sc2sick

I moved my reseller account to WHB over a year ago now. Service was acceptable until around May I believe when everything started to fall apart. My support tickets are answered with as much as a 26 hour turnaround time on critical issues. I had to send youtube links and screenshots to prove that the server was giving me errors.

In all of this after e-mailing Matt I was offered a bronze VPS for the same price? Cpanel's site says it requires 256MB Ram to run, that package offers 128.

Also I joined WHB before the reseller prices went up from ~25 to ~55 for my package price, when i stated that based on the time I had been with that it would be fair to give me at least a silver VPS, I was told no.

So I was expected to accept a drop from 200GB/2000GB to 20/500 and that asking 40/750 is unreasonable.

So I went shopping for a VPS, and found a better deal with people who answer my support tickets.

Not that there is any reason why I should have to buy VPS when I only had a handful of static sites, but as long as I'm in the position to make the jump, I figure I should do it with a company that seems to care about answering my questions.

So after using a couple of VPSs I picked one, they migrated my sites in the middle of the night and I woke up with everything functional exactly as promised.

Mostly I am upset because instead of fixing the problem that existed on the server, they elected to try to upsell me to a VPS when there is no way that should have been necessary for the sites/scripts/traffic that I was running.

Name and URL of hosting company: **************.com
Hosted URL(s): tekonehosting.com
Do you want your URL posted on HD? (applies to resellers only) No
Description of service(s) used: Reseller D
How long have you been using the service(s): 1 Year 1 Month
Detailed review: I moved my reseller account to WHB over a year ago now. Service was acceptable until around May I believe when everything started to fall apart. My support tickets are answered with as much as a 26 hour turnaround time on critical issues. I had to send youtube links and screenshots to prove that the server was giving me errors.

In all of this after e-mailing Matt I was offered a bronze VPS for the same price? Cpanel's site says it requires 256MB Ram to run, that package offers 128.

Also I joined WHB before the reseller prices went up from ~25 to ~55 for my package price, when i stated that based on the time I had been with that it would be fair to give me at least a silver VPS, I was told no.

So I was expected to accept a drop from 200GB/2000GB to 20/500 and that asking 40/750 is unreasonable.

So I went shopping for a VPS, and found a better deal with people who answer my support tickets.

Not that there is any reason why I should have to buy VPS when I only had a handful of static sites, but as long as I'm in the position to make the jump, I figure I should do it with a company that seems to care about answering my questions.

So after using a couple of VPSs I picked one, they migrated my sites in the middle of the night and I woke up with everything functional exactly as promised.

Mostly I am upset because instead of fixing the problem that existed on the server, they elected to try to upsell me to a VPS when there is no way that should have been necessary for the sites/scripts/traffic that I was running.

Pros: Good price, decent features
Cons: Slow response, offering VPS as answer to problem instead of fixing it, downtime and internal server errors
Would you recommend this company to your best friend? Yes / No.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting