webhosting for website up 24/7

rakesh

here is any solution for website hosting-

I want to host my website on 3 server with database on one hosting,
In case one hosting will go down then 2nd one automatially go up- if 2nd one down then third will go down,

Is it possible? if possible so -what is the way to do it,
can some help on it.

Is it possible? Yes. Will you have a nightmare of a time trying to get it to work? Probably (because databases are involved).

You could setup a roundrobin DNS to handle the static pages and then each of those sites linking back to a SINGLE server with the database - this would be your cheapest route. There's a number of places that will offer a Live DNS or RoundRobin DNS for little to no cost.

You could also experiment with Cloud Hosting as it uses clusters of servers to keep sites online. How a database will perform is questionable, but Amazon and a few other large online stores are headed that direction these days, so who knows.

You could always run multiple hosting sites and then have each of them report back to the Cloud for the database information.

In case one hosting will go down then 2nd one automatially go up- if 2nd one down then third will go down,

can some help on it.

You can also think about Dedicated Mirrored Servers,with it you can get 100% uptime Guarantee. The servers are located at different locations. This kind of solution can be deployed by using FAM and Rsync technology. Your Servers will be setup on 2 different IPs, but the additional IP's added to the Server would be shared between both servers using our VLAN Networking architecture. If one server goes down for some reason then the second server will automatically bind IP's of the first server after downtime of 30 seconds with the first server.

Below is a pictorial description:

Mirrored Servers.jpg

Last edited:
The problem may also be if both servers share a DNS network this can cause issue since if one goes down the other can get effected.

The problem may also be if both servers share a DNS network this can cause issue since if one goes down the other can get effected.

You would get 4 nameservers hence when two of them of a server in one location goes down the website would get resolved from the other two, further decreasing the chance of downtime.

Setting up this sort of redundancy can become quite expensive. There are still many other things to consider, for example: redundant electricity, network connections, the network itself, the single database server, the load balancing hardware & failover hardware, etc. The easiest way would probably be to go with a company that has most of this stuff already handled, but that still doesn't guarantee no downtime, though.

Yep, even with this, downtime (even for a second or two a month) will occur. It's a part of the business. Many good hosts make sure this downtime is very minimal, but upgrades/reboots happen on rare occasions, and with database use being involved...yep, (almost) impossible.

It is easier if you want to set your sites up in two different servers, one being a backup server. Most domain registrars allow you to register four different nameservers. You can have your site points to two different servers.

It is possible as long as you keep on updating the sites. It does'nt matter if one of them slow downs for it can recover once you update it on time.

Yes, this is possible, however you will have a tough time to handle three hosting services. Also you need to ensure that all hosting providers are providing similar features.

I see your point behind this concept but I'm not sure about the "1 database" part as what if that host goes down? You'd probably would have to have a DB on all 3 hosts and figure out some way that it would automatically be updated on each. Of course, you could manually import the DB when needed but that's under the assumption that you'd have a stable backup ready and if your site is something dynamic such as a forum or blog, manually importing the DB would be a hassle as it might not be very up-to-date and some data loss could incur. Although I'm not too keen on this so it's possible that the cloud option along with the others mentioned, might be able to do this automatically...

As the Technological Advent everything is possible in the Hosting world. You just have to order the needs and you will get the services. In your case it is certainly possible.

If you are looking for professional web hosting provider with 99.9 % guaranteed uptime and 24 x 7 support then Host1plus can be a good option.

can some help on it.

Yes... Its possible. With clustered hosting, it is possible to to replace the role of the server that has crashed or failed means websites and any services related to it such as email and DNS will always be available since each service is either mirrored or backed up onto several servers.

The easiest way would be as has been suggested: round-robin DNS on the webserver(s). I'd have them calling on a single database server that has hard drives in hot-swappable RAID-5. If your budget allows it there are some good hardware based load balancers available. The NOC that your servers are located in would still be a single point of failure, though. The ideal situation would be to have everything redundant, with an identical configuration in a different NOC and implement geo load balancing. It's absolutely do-able, but can get costly as you build in additional layers of redundancy.