Western Union vs. Money Gramm

romsourcing

Hi there,

My company provides wire transfer payments to customers.
We are considering using alternative methods of payment.
What would be more convenient to customers between Western Union and Money Gramm?
Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Claudiu

Last edited:
Neither! :)
I think it will be better if you offer your customers payments by
credit card (through 2Checkout for example).

I would say Western Union. They seem to have a lot more options in the way of sending and receiving payments.

I agree with artvision on this one. CC and even paypal are the way to go. wire transfers are expensive and just don't look attractive to the customers' eyes.

Roj

I agree with you there that actual wire transfers would probably not be the best way to go, but Western Union does offer other forms of accepting online payments.

http://www.westernunion.com/info/bsCompareReceivePayment.asp?country=U1

Possible things of interest on there:

Western Union® Auction Payments (send/receive online payments - U.S. + "several other countries")
Western Union® MoneyZap (send/receive online payments - U.S.)
Western Union® Phone Pay® (take check payments over the phone - U.S.)
Western Union® Quick Collect® (receive payments online or from Agent locations within the U.S.)
Western Union® Quick Pay (receive payments from Agent locations outside the U.S.)

My Canadian customers will also use 'email payments'. These go thru certipay and you deposit them directly into the account of your choice. The sender is charged $1.50, but the receiver has no charges. And it is done within minutes.