What advertising works best?

morph

I'm curious, what advertising (paid and free) excluding referrals works best for you, and why?

I prefer going with free ads and some paid ads. Usually paid ads are more exposed to traffic and are beneficial, but following the same pattern can be negative in Google.

Good question, I really like free forum ad posting this can also (if done right) have benefits to SEO.

I don't have much experience with paid ads so it would be interesting to see which methods are working for other members.

I used to have Google, Bing and Yahoo paid ad. The most effective way is Google but it is higher cost compared to the rest. I wonder to know what are the free ad in market now.

Forum Posts are good
Be active on your facebook page and twitter accounts, try to get as many followers as you can
Regularly post in your companies' blog

Above 3 are usually enough to get you some good targeted visitors on your website, rest depends upon support and pricing of your serviecs.

Have you tried advertising using facebook ads? I would want to try but I wanted to hear from experts if this is profitable

I have tried Facebook ads and just hate them. I get almost no sales from the ads. I think I spent like 50 bucks and got a client who paid me like 5 bucks a month. So I spend 50 bucks to make 5 bucks. hmm. No thanks... :disagree:

I have tried Facebook ads and just hate them. I get almost no sales from the ads. I think I spent like 50 bucks and got a client who paid me like 5 bucks a month. So I spend 50 bucks to make 5 bucks. hmm. No thanks... :disagree:

Wait. If you spent $50 to land a $5/month client, doesn't that sounds like a good acquisition cost? Yes, it'll take 10 months to recuperate, but if the client stays long term, plus just the base value of a client pays for those $50 already, in my view.

I stopped following affiliate commission rates for years, but I sure remember the times when popular companies would pay over $100 per lead.

Wait. If you spent $50 to land a $5/month client, doesn't that sounds like a good acquisition cost? Yes, it'll take 10 months to recuperate, but if the client stays long term, plus just the base value of a client pays for those $50 already, in my view.

I stopped following affiliate commission rates for years, but I sure remember the times when popular companies would pay over $100 per lead.

At a rate of $5:50 I would say NO DEAL anything in the region of $5:20 might be realistic. You see, If a client stays for a year at 50 you will hardly have got your money back especially if you factor in the cost of maintaining them for a year.

Has anybody tried "market places"? What I mean is a network of website/businesses offering services for local business. I've seen a few pop up in my area but they want a $$$ fee per month to join them. No guarantees as to sign ups but I can just see it being a waste of money unless new people join up.

Has anybody tried "market places"? What I mean is a network of website/businesses offering services for local business. I've seen a few pop up in my area but they want a $$$ fee per month to join them. No guarantees as to sign ups but I can just see it being a waste of money unless new people join up.

I have not used them but from what you say, I would be very hesitant to put my money on such a business model. People underestimate the power of open forums like HD etc etc But trust me they actually drive a lot of sales. We are a living testimony to this. It works.

I don't like facebook ads too as I personally found it's not that effective. So far forum market place is the best for free ads, google ads is good too but kinda expensive.

I'm thinking what about the directory listing, they are paid and free listing and does anyone experience it before and how efficient it can be?

I'm thinking what about the directory listing, they are paid and free listing and does anyone experience it before and how efficient it can be?

Some are actually effective BUT in our case we have found forums related to our business to be the most effective. Being helpful to forum members pays off in folds

We had no positive experience with marketing on Facebook - regarding webhosting / server / colocation.

On the other side we have customers which are really successfull providing products for leisure at Facebook.

I think it depends on the kind of customer you want to acquire.

Best
Jochen

Facebook ads are useless unless you are planning to create a brand where you can get the maximum eyeballs.But in terms of ROI ,it is not good platform.