What are your Top 5 Budget Hosting Providers???

1rock

hello,
i am currently working on a webhosting provider list. what hosting provider do you consider as tops of the industry????

perhaps you can help me to add some other providers. the hosting should allow multidomain hosting, offer more than 1gb space, 100 gb traffic and should not cost more than $10 per month.

perhaps you can tell me what you think about my list and give me some suggestions:

1)hostgator - 100gb - 1000gb traffic - $9.99
2)dreamhost - 145gb - 1456gb traffic - $9.99
3)crucialwebhost - 250gb - 2500gb traffic - $9.99
4)hostican - 500gb - unmetered traffic - $11.95
5)icdsoft - 20gb - 40gb traffic - $10.00

i am collecting information about your hosting experiences with these hosting companies. or do you think that there should be other providers added to the list??? please post your opinions.

thx for the help

I've had:
HostGator - Ok experience back in 2003. I cancelled after many outages.
HostICan - I used the $11.95 plan you mention before upgrading to VPS and I loved it.

To my knowledge, HG is the best for shared, and dreamhost the worst (not really, one one of the worst i have seen).

qprojects said:
To my knowledge, HG is the best for shared, and dreamhost the worst (not really, one one of the worst i have seen).
Guess you've got a personal experience?

The number one host in my book is jetnethost.com. The number 5 is dreamhost.

I have been burned by dream host before. And jetnet has helped me on more then one occasion.

I ran across Arvixe.com in 2004 and have been with them ever since. Uptime has been exceptionally good and great support.

Any host is good as long as they provide reliable hosting with good support, so you cannot really segment them as bad and good, it all depends on your experience.

But defining good hosts based on large Space and bandwidth is not a good idea coz this will directly fall under over selling.

I believe non of those above. Write down 10 names of popular shred hosts and then try to find who has better customer satisfaction ratio. Just search for reviews.

As I know from the web hosts on your list HostICan and HostGator have the best reputation. Hostgator offers shared hosting but it is well-known for its reseller hosting.

It may be useful to google for "company-name review" or "company-name problem" and similar phrases. You will see which hosts are liked by their customers and which not. You can also have a look at your competitors websites to find more web hosting companies and then make research to pick some best.

I find that many of these companies have made their profits based on large affiliate payouts.
The reviews are seldom based on any experience with the company at all but more so based on the person ability to make money from the review hoping that people will click on signature affiliate links.

I don't trust any of the reviews for so called top ten hosts unless there is absolutely no affiliation.

Blue said:
I find that many of these companies have made their profits based on large affiliate payouts.
The reviews are seldom based on any experience with the company at all but more so based on the person ability to make money from the review hoping that people will click on signature affiliate links.

I don't trust any of the reviews for so called top ten hosts unless there is absolutely no affiliation.

That is true, most of the top 10 lists online are affiliates of those that they list or paid by the companies themselves to get listed. Just the way most of it works online.

Dev4vip said:
Any host is good as long as they provide reliable hosting with good support, so you cannot really segment them as bad and good, it all depends on your experience.

But defining good hosts based on large Space and bandwidth is not a good idea coz this will directly fall under over selling.

Very true! I could not of put it better myself. :agree:

thank you all for your participation in this discussion.

however,
here are some coupons i have found for those hosting providers

<<MOD NOTE: Affiliate links/codes are not allowed anywhere on the forum. Please consult the Rules prior to posting.>>