What do you hate the most?

Rob

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what everybody hates the most about running a business. For me it would have to be the cash flow - I hate numbers and vista. :crash:

I hate dealing with customer service issues that are out of my league. I want my customers to be happy, I want their services to work, and I don't want to feel sub-par. If everything went smoothly 100% of the time, I'd be so much happier! :D

Sometimes you never get a day off, esp. if you are starting it out alone and on your own. This can lead to crankiness, and thats never good for anyone. This is the biggest thing I hear people talk about that own their own companies.

The initial setup was rough...all the promotion and trying to make a name for myself. The worst part, I think, is the maintenance needed, though. Sure, there are aspects that run themselves, but for the most part, I have to keep a constant hand in things, whether it's physical maintenance on the site or dealing with customers or ongoing promotion. Sometimes it doesn't seem so bad, but other times, it just drags me down and I don't want to deal with it any more.

I think dealing with frauds, especially now with paypal where so many people got taken with those phishing sites going around a lot lately.

I second a few of the comments made so far. I'm just getting started and it is so time consuming when you don't have any help and when you're trying to just get your business off the ground. So, as Arch said, I think right now I'm hating the beginning stages of everything!
Thankfully, I have a couple friends who know way more than I do and I've been asking them a lot of questions.

Working alone...you're alone. I find that I really missed having someone to bounce ideas off of. It wasn't much easier once I got support staff, because they're focussed on support issues rather than overall business issues (like site content, policies, et cetera).

With two hosting sites in the midst of an overhaul and two other sites getting ready for launch (branded document production/editing and design/development), I sometimes get to the point where I've got so many ideas chasing each other around my head, I can't get any of them committed to pixels.

I think dealing with frauds, especially now with paypal where so many people got taken with those phishing sites going around a lot lately.

That is a good thing to take into consideration for the new people starting out in this type of work. I notice most Frauds for my companies hit on the weekends, seldom if ever on the weekdays. And you know when DefCon is going thats always a fun time too.

I hate not having any spare time anymore. I know in the future it will improve once I've established myself by starting up my family doesn't see much of me besides being crouched in front of my computer. Trying to make a business start while working full time for someone else sure ain't easy.

I hate how endless this work is. But I also love it. Theres always something more you can do and just when you finish a task, theres always another one waiting for you.

I agree on you with that. one day is never enough. You wanna do so much and you know you probably won't succeed.
Though, as stated in the first post, accountancy is no easy one either.

Customers who sign up for the sole purpose of using the money back guarantee 30 days later to get that month of hosting for free.

I hate that there's only 24 hours in a day, it's just not enough ;)

This is also my personal dilemma right now. There are so many things to do but have very little time to do them. I wish I could still work while I'm sleeping.

The next problem I have is customer service. Sometimes they complain about something that they have done wrongly because they have read the whole instruction and think that they already know what to do about it.

I agree about hating fraud but what I hate the most is hosts that will do anything for a few more customers. You know the ones, they will state how green, religious, or layed back they are. I hate hosts that are not honest.