What do you use signatures for ?

rose19

HELLO.
:devil:

What do you use signatures for ?
From what i can make out signatures are used as an Search engine optimisation benefit or a way of getting traffic , what have you found to better ? or what do you use your signatures for ?

Well you pretty much answered it yourself. You can use your signatures to get traffic to different websites, but only if the administrator(s) allow you to have links in your signature. Every forum that I've been a part of has always had that question (If it's allowed or not) in the rules page).

You can also use a signature to express yourself with an image, whether it be your favourite game, band, or random whatever. It can also be a quote as well. But once again, they'll have to be within the guidelines of size and appropriateness as well.

They're also used for brand exposure. One way to measure your signature's success is to use Google Alerts or Trackle.

They're also used for brand exposure.

I've always approached the signature space with the same mentality.

The two functions that a signature should carry: information and label (your brand, your unique ID) that makes it easy to relate to you as a professional.

I don't like signatures designed to generate nothing but traffic (overcrowded with signatures for example). I think that if you post something that is to everyone's benefit and people recognize you as a knowledgeable person, they will click on your link to learn more about what you do.

For mine here as most note, its just my thoughts on clients. I always get tired of places saying clients are only dollar signs, thats just silly. So for me since I never mix full business with pleasure (oddly talking about my work) I use mine here as a general "happy note" to all, just something to think about.

Everyone else here who has chimed in exposure wise is on target, just check the rules (some places do not have them easily noted, so its always good to check before assuming). :)

Yep, signatures are mainly used to generate some extra traffic but most importantly brand awareness. This will help people recognize you and will help spread your company's name around.

Very rarely is a forum signature going to give you any search engine benefit. While a few forums do have signatures links set to dofollow, most of them do not. With nofollow, the link isn't really given much weight in the search engines.

A great form of no cost link backs and low impact advertising. Obviously the forum moderators/admins need to find the right balance of over the top signatures and allowing the user base to gain some exposure.

I get 90% of my visitors from my signature in various forums. It's excellent exposure, and the best part.. If I'm just talking about on the forums while I'm taking a break or something I can tell my wife I'm working and I'll take out the garbage when I'm done.. Because in reality I AM working to advertise my business :)

...Don't tell my wife

Yep, forum sigs is one of the best ways to increase backlinks and name exposure. I added a tracker and the majority of visitors come from my sigs.

I think Artashes said it best.
I think that if you post something that is to everyone's benefit and people recognize you as a knowledgeable person, they will click on your link to learn more about what you do.

Hi.....

Forum Signature are mainly use to express yourself with an image, whether it be your favorite game, band, or random etc.

Signatures are also good when you interact with others, they might want to learn more about you and check out the sites you have linked there. It's good to build trust with them and they may become potential great customers of yours.