what does bursted , guaranteed RAM means in VPS?

An example would be 256mb guaranteed ram and 1gb burst ram.

This means that your configuration will always have access to a minimum of 256mb of ram memory. At times when other VPS users are not using much ram memory you will have access to the unused memory, up to the burst rate.

Ok say you have 256MB Guaranteed RAM this means that you will always have that amount of RAM available to you.

If you have say 1.5GB Busrtable RAM available, when other users on the node are not consuming much RAM your VPS is allowed to burst beyond the 256MB to the burst limit - in this case 1.5GB

ok thank you guys. but i want to ask another question, if say i want a server for domain name purposes (i.e. parking and ordering), how much RAM do I need for a VPS, does anyone has a suggestion thanks!

I would say start of with 256MB - 384MB then as your business grows increase it as you need to.

HHS-Rob said:
I would say start of with 256MB - 384MB then as your business grows increase it as you need to.
I would agree, unless you are using cpanel. Then I would suggest going for the 384MB right away. Cpanel uses a fair bit of RAM.

HostThemUp,

why do you want a vps for parking? i will suggest you to go first with a reseller packages and later if you need you can always move to a vps

Well if you are only using your VPS for parking and assuming there would not be any dynamic data I would say 256MB - 384MB would be sufficient. If you are using cPanel I would recommend 384MB-512MB.

You could even just take a free WEBMIN panel and host it on a 64mb/128mb vps. :)
Dont think you require anything more than that anyhow for parking purposes.

Regards

There's every reason to go for a VPS rather than parking...

Well actually there are 10000 reasons why you shouldnt as well :)

But the only one for a VPS i can think of is making sure ur parking is permanent without any worries that the Shared Hosting provider suddenly vanishes or has a problem (going with some unprofessional providers).

However if your option is Godaddy vs. VPS ...go with godaddy - great name, and company.

But yes, if you want a VPS due to some other genuine reasons - nothing wrong with that... But as everyone mentions...the option for vps sounds extremely odd.

Regards

Bursted ram is the maximum amount of ram that can be utilized by your processes if other persons are not utilizing them . While a guarantied ram is that part of ram that is exclusive for your use . So for good server stability for your processes i will suggest going for an option that gives at least 256mb but getting a 512mb ram will be good enough to hold most of your needs .

I find that MySQL and spamd (I think it's called) use up the most. If you are just parking domains then all should be good.

Less then 512Mb should be fine.

For just parking a domain name, some registrars will do that for free, no hosting account required!

You certainly don't need your own server for that.

There's every reason to go for a VPS rather than parking...
But the only one for a VPS i can think of is making sure ur parking is permanent without any worries that the Shared Hosting provider suddenly vanishes or has a problem (going with some unprofessional providers)....
Regards

The same could occur with a VPS.

I would second the opinion to look for registers that do the parking for a domain for free . Anyhow getting at least 256mb guaranteed ram is necessary if you are going to use it for medium load website or other works .