What is "MOI"?

ljprevo

I noticed in this thread , at another forum, the poster said "MOI" in the title and then said it in his post. At first I thought it was a typo, but I see it in the title and in the post. I have also seen this on other threads. I am assuming that this person is overseas and English may be a 2nd language. Are they teaching "moi" as "my"?

Just curious

Not trying to bash the poster or anyone at all, just curious if this is correct.

I think moi means me in French, but why would they mingle moi for me in English?

Also proper grammar, you would not use me in his title, he should have wrote "**HOST** really stole my money" "**HOST** really stole me money" would not sound right.

Again, not bashing anyone, just curious if the language has been taught wrong. I know they try very hard to learn and commend anyone that can speak in a different language, even if they are not perfect at it.

I found this video

http://youtu.be/zEJ99sL8eXI

However wouldn't it be "my" in proper English as should be in his title.

They stole me money? or They stole my money?

Would rather revert to UK English as I am American and we have done our share to hack up the English language.

Researching this, moi seems to be right if it was French, but it is not French, it is English, and believe the word my should be used.

This depends on the context of usage - MOI can be short for moment of inspiration. In your example, however, it probably is used for "me." Given all the threads and posts that contain broken English, I pay very little attention to spelling or grammatical errors anymore.

I think moi means me in French, but why would they mingle moi for me in English?

"moi" in the sense of "me" is used (rarely) in colloquial language here, where I live (Romania). I suppose it is similarly used by some people in English. I see no harm in it.

Not too different from the much more popular "uber" I suppose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123