What is the most important service/feature you look for in a hosting partner

VMhosts-Gordon

With quite a lot of choice these days and even more coming no doubt in the next few years, what would you say is the most important feature you look for in a hosting provider/partner?

for example:

-Cost?
-Support?
-Specification?
-Backup?
-Control Panel?

A webhosting provider can be considered as a good and reliable one if they match following criterias:

- Prices are affordable and match provided quality of the service
- Support is 24x7 available, is fast enough and with professional knowledge
- Provided resources such as server security, speed and software are on the top-level
- Provides daily backups
- Has industry leading control panel, such as cPanel, WHM, etc.

- Got good customer reviews.

The most important aspect of offering any service is the Quality of that Service.
If you can't provide good quality service then there is no value of what you are offering no matter what you charge for it.

For me, the most important is flexibility. I think that Web sites can grow so quickly and in such different ways that it is vital to be able to upgrade easily and relatively seamlessly. The host I have now is a cloud host, and offers virtual cloud servers, so I can easily upgrade to a larger allocation in a few clicks.

Support is also very important, IMO. If the host doesn't excel in support, then it is quite risky using them.

Great customer support is extremely important (as it applies to your requirements), but everything mentioned is necessary as well. If you're looking to put up an e-commerce site, you don't want a provider that cannot help with PCI compliance or SSL certificates.

I can tell you about data center and colocation facilities... they are web hosts as well. I would not place equipment in a data center which dos not meet Tier 3 or Tier 4 standards and does not offer an opportunities to build a stable, SLA guaranteed network. I believe that smaller web hosts or folks who need VPS or dedicated servers should care about the quality of the data center and about the network. support must be also very well organized and to respond promptly.

I think a mix of all is needed when looking for a host.

Support, pricing, uptime, history etc... are all important factors really that should all be taken into account.

And of course the quality of the hardware itself, but this is something you cannot be aware of when you first rent it.

The most important features customers look for in a hosting partner is

a) Affordable Prices
b) Network Performance
c) Support
d) Best Infrastructure

With quite a lot of choice these days and even more coming no doubt in the next few years, what would you say is the most important feature you look for in a hosting provider/partner?

for example:

-Cost?
-Support?
-Specification?
-Backup?
-Control Panel?

As hosting provider I would prefer all above features.

For me any company is good hosting provider if they give me two basic thing one is support at any time and c-panel features.

When we were reselling, we often looked for a total package. Price was not so much a deciding factor because you can always make money if you have the drive and quality service.

We looked for support times, offers, reseller incentives, personnel quality, location relative to our customer base, network quality, options, and reputation. These are all things which we thought were important when starting out. Everyone values these things differently and for some profit margins come into play. Really it comes down to what you expect for the price you pay.

Customer support, customer support, and the last but not the least, customer support.

Keep customers happy and they will send you more customers.

My biggest focusis providing 24/7 fast efficient support. Having a good infrastructure, offering quality services and such should be automatic not something clients should have to worry about though unfortunately that is a big factor when have so many single site affiliate and pure reseller type providers.
This business requires alot of investment to do it right and even more time, it is defintely not a business you can just put up a website and instantly your a quality host

For me, personalized support is a selling point. I want to feel like I'm more than a number. If a hosting company goes out of their way to provide me with awesome support, I go out of my way to recommend them.

We look for cost and support and uptime. Everything else we manage. I think uptime and cost with KVM over IP is the best things to look for.