What is your favourite business quote?

Artashes

Administrator
Staff member
I just came across my notes of quotes that I used to write down when reading business magazines many years ago.

One particular quote that always stood out for me was, I believe, from Jack Welch, CEO of General Electric at the time, who said: "There is no business to be done on a dead planet." That resonated because it put things in perspective - everyone wins if you have a responsible, environmentally concious business sense. Always liked this one.

But talking about quotes that motivated and helped me in my personal ventures, hard to pick just one, but there are two quotes that I actually keep in mind at all times. First one came from reading an excellent article about a small company that was outmaneuvering its competition by adopting a strategy that can be summarized the following way: "Many times in business, different is better than better."

The second one comes from Bill Cosby, of all people: "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

What is your favourite business quote?

Not necessarily my favorite, but until recently I had a good one in my sig by Laurence J. Peter

Lead, follow, or get out of the way

I believe Lee Iaccoca had that on his door or desk. I used it in my sig next to my unlimited hosting faq.

My favorite quote is

"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced"

My favorite business quote is:

"Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." by Winston S. Churchill

I'm a big follower of Steve Jobs and all of his quotes are my favorites, though this one is my favorite from Colin Powell:

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure"

We're all working together; that's the secret. - Sam Walton

The secret of business is to know something that nobody else knows. - Aristotle Onassis

“It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” —Scott Belsky

Followed by -

“Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.” —Drew Houston

“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb

Over the years, this has been manipulated to use the terms of "invest" or "get started", but the meaning and message is still the same.

Not really a quote..

But I'm a strong believer in something Branson always said too.. 'Screw it, let's do it' - basically, never be afraid of failure and risks can be worth taking.

He has a book of the same title too which is also a good read.

Hi,

I believe in what anyone wants to be or achieve anything in life, can really do so if they really want to. Hence my fav is :
"Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill"

Here's another that has been sitting on my desk for several months;

"Formal education will make you a living; self education will make you a fortune" - Jim Rohn, Motivational Speaker (Rags to Riches Entrepreneur)