What OS do you use?

ale_jrb

Personally, I love Windows, and don't intend to switch to another OS any time soon. I was, however, curious about what other people's views are?

I know several people who love Linux, and I even know a coupla people who are fans of the Mac. So the question is this: which OS do you prefer?: And which do you use the most? :)

Before I started working with *nix like systems, I always wondered who those idiots were, typing '/path/to/anywhere/and/lots/of/maps/away -iit -ijg >blabla' to get something running, when you could get things done with just one click ;) . Now, about 5 years later, I get extremely annoyed when my 'user friendly' GUI freezes and some installerscript is as flexible as the Eiffeltower, and remote system management gets a new meaning when you try to rdp through a dial-up connection on site somewhere. :eek:

What the sysadmin knows, is what he likes best. I try to force myself to keep the practice with windows up, but it just irritates me like **** .Having said that, I know that system/network administration without windows is unthinkable, and that major companies wouldn't get things done without windows (even though there are alot of other solutions available).

So, I feel best with *nix systems and am working on my feelings for windows. Since OSX is 'just' a linux flavour, I see no reason to give fruit advantange over the rest.

Personally, I love Windows, and don't intend to switch to another OS any time soon. I was, however, curious about what other people's views are?

I know several people who love Linux, and I even know a coupla people who are fans of the Mac. So the question is this: which OS do you prefer?: And which do you use the most? :)

Currently I am using Windows but trying to learn the Linux environment.

I am using windows. I just wish I could learn another OS such us Linux. Maybe this is also interesting.