what Price for hosting?

kalo

Hi , i just wonder,
how much are you willing to pay for your hosting?
home for your website?

and why is that?

thanks!

I think that'a too broad of a question, kalo. Cost is relevant to the value of the specific site. If I have one main site and a number of microsites, their values will dramatically vary. If my site is a vendor portal through which all RFPs, workorders and invoices transit - that's a high value site. If it's a mom and pop start up - static informational site - maybe only a couple of dollars a month to host would be fine.

I agree with Steve. I mean, if you ask a company like Walmart how much they are willing to pay for hosting and then you ask a small web designer the same, you will get 2 very different answers. ;)

Pricing reflects your needs. A small website would range from $3.99-$25.00 a month...A large website would range from large shared plan to VPS/Dedicated server.

It really depends on the type of site. If you don't mind occasional downtime or sometimes slow service a cheapo host will do. Not always but often cheap hosting means cheap servers like older processors & less RAM...those type servers are out there for $59 a month where a good new generation server will cost $300-$600 a month depending on if you add support options. So take a $60 server and put 300 $3 accounts and you have a healthy profit but it won't support a busy forum or such. :beer:

To me the main thing is if your site is business or fun.
If it is business, don't skimp. $25 would handle a LARGE e-commerce site or VERY busy forum with lots of ads. The $10 + or - a dollar or 2 range is generally a good starting point for a business. Make sure they have free backups and a money-back trial period, Published uptime & speed checks are a good sign too.
Then call them. See if the person you get speaks your language and handles any questions quickly & with knowledge...then they could handle the type support needs you are likely to have; as well as the requirements of the host for your type site...If it all adds up you probably have a good host for you (as good as you can for first time out):)

Alot is based on your quality. I think most people would pay an extra $5.00 'per' month or more to know the company stands behind their product. They are able to obtain quality support even at 4:00 AM.

It would be better if you could specify a particular hosting plan that you are referring.

The cost of hosting varies according to the web hosting package chosen.

We pay for what we need. There are alot of hosting company out there. normally almost same service that they will gave. It just depends on are we paying for the hosting together with the service?

The price people pay for hosting differs per person. SAome people like it cheap while others would actually spend their money. Correction, most like it cheap.

I think for starter packages $3.95 is high enough to pay for the server and overhead and get customers in the door. A started package should be designed to get customers started in hosting, new sites and etc. Most new customers, new at all to hosting are looking for a good price not a matrix of features they are not going to use. They just need the basics.

I usually compare deals finding the most reasonable with the best corellation between the price and offered specs. It is not the certain price diapason, but the complex thing called cost-efficiency and reasnability where the hosts experience and reviews are included.

I definitely would be paying for a price that could provide me a support whenever i need it. Don't really mind about the price. What is best service is more important

I definitely would be paying for a price that could provide me a support whenever i need it. Don't really mind about the price. What is best service is more important

The only problem on it you are unable to taste the web hosting account beforehand.... :smash:

People prefer paying less. I've seen hosting for less than $1/mo, which is ridiculous. I believe a fair price for hosting a regular website should be around 10 bucks a month.
(avoiding the unlimited offers)

Oh,i tink that depends on what i want.Of course ,if it is possible i want to pay low price but get high quality hosting.