What should I pay per month for web hosting?

whiteberry

I would like to start a small business web site.
I have been told that I will need web hosting. Can someone explain what hosting includes and what I should expect to pay for hosting per month?

I have been told that I will need web hosting. Can someone explain what hosting includes and what I should expect to pay for hosting per month?

It depends, there are many hosting companies, with a wide range of product offering and prices. Depending on your traffic and your website scripting needs, you could have hosting for $3.00/month. If you would like to bump up to a hire quality, nightly or hourly backups, etc. You might pay $10 - 20/month.

Web hosting is a service that allows you to place a number of web pages in a remote server and to make them available for public use through HTTP. Besides that there are a number of specific services and/or products which a part of any web hosting service. I would suggest you to spend 30 minutes in Wikipedia reading about web hosting. It will be hard for anyone around to explain all the things related to this business.

For a simple static site, probably no more than a few dollars per month.

What hosting includes is a broad subject. It would normally include disk space, data transfer, a choice of Linux or Windows platforms, email accounts, FTP access, stats, and support, among other services.

Hosting: Inorder to make your website live on the Internet,it is required that it is hosted a web server to be accessible for the public.
Such server space is offered by web server hosting providers at some charge.

A few bucks a month for a standard site would be what you're looking at. If you're looking at running an online store such as Magento or other shopping cart, then you'll want to find a host that supports the software, and again you can probably pay as little as $5/month.

If you're processing credit cards through a 3rd party service (paypal, 2checkout, worldpay) then you're all set. If you're processing credit cards yourself through authorize.net for example, then you'll also want to have an SSL Certificate for your site.

SSL's are their own separate charge, and will cost more for hosting since you need a dedicated IP number to assign the SSL to.

Prices on this are higher, but just as random with hosts ;) For us, we're $20+/month for dedicated IP hosting packages, but I'm sure you'll find cheaper out there.

Alot will depend if you want to be part of overselling or not. If you are looking for a cheap price and uptime / support is not big on your list I would suggest HostGator or GoDaddy. I would say $5.00 or less a month would be enough for you. I hope I've been helpful!

What web hosting you will select depends on your requirements.they include bandwidth,disk space,the kind of the script and so on.If you want to try a new hosting,you can select some one for trying,and it only spend you $0.01 first month.

What you should pay per month for web hosting depends on your needs; but $1.00 per month is a fair price for a small website.

What you should pay per month for web hosting depends on your needs; but $1.00 per month is a fair price for a small website.

$1.00 - Paypal transaction fees = a few cent per month.

Lets be reasonable now, most of these web hosting companies who are charging $1.00 are making close to nothing.

Hi,

First of all you have to decide if you want to go for Shared hosting, VPS or Dedicated hosting according to your website requirement and then search on the net accordingly. I believe you are just going to start a website so shared hosting will be suitable for you.

For anything decent you should be paying around $30 per month. This is to ensure your business continuity, 24 x 7 assistance and DR. Remember you are running your business on this!

As less as possible; however for start a small business web site you don't need a VPS, Dedicated hosting. Better you look for a shared account.
Success.

Dont go for the Price directly, i guess you should compare the services offered by your hosting provider and then you should try to calculate the price for the hosting package. If you get trap in the net of the less or free hosting it is difficult for your business to survive

Figure out what your site will contain first to figure out what kind of plan you need to look for - just plain html pages or will you be installing live chat, a support ticket system, etc (which might require databases).
How many visitors do you expect (bandwidth requirement) ?
Do you plan to create many email accounts (disk space and number of email accounts) ?

After you have your requirements figured out, search for a host with good reviews.

It depends on the hosting provider you choose. I personally prefer Securadigm for web hosting. There web hosting package is ideal for established projects as well as business web sites. All of there hosting packages come with ample storage space and generous monthly data transfer limits. In addition, they offer all standard features for free. Apart from that, as an additional bonus, they provide you advanced tools to enhance your site, and give you full control to manage your website, FTP, databases and track visitors.

$3 for small web site is ok. do check packages and features of web host. do not go for unlimited thing, there is no such thing called unlimited this is usually to attract customer only.
have fair host. ask for 99.9 % uptime guaranty,mail,ftp,fantastico,php,per,mysql if you are planing for php/linux web site

good luck in your search!

Before thinking about the price I would pay, I would plan the amount of resources you would need. What can happen is you are solely focussed on the price that you realise that you may not have enough resources on that server to cover what you want to do. You could always negotiate price before signing on the dotted line.

A basic price range would be anywhere between $10 and $15 per month. Providing you don't need a lot of storage and bandwidth.