What would be the best price and resources to offer ?

iHostiGo

Hi HD members, i had a question about Web Hosting.

I was wondering what resources of web hosting to offer for ex: Unlimited hosting or not Unlimited, how many databases and how many sub domains etc. also for how much to sell them.

Hope i can get a good idea from you guys. Thanks

This is kind of hard to answer as I don't know what your client base is or anything about what your server limits are. They are many pro and cons to offering unlimited hosting but I would start with fixed storage limits based on how much space you have to give. Also i feel like you are just starting out and would recommend you read up on how to start a web hosting company and how to maintain it. just do a good old google search.

Impossible to answer that question as it depends entirely on your infrastructure and business plan. You can't complete with the big boys on price, so you pretty much have to have a unique selling proposition.

Hi HD members, i had a question about Web Hosting.

I was wondering what resources of web hosting to offer for ex: Unlimited hosting or not Unlimited, how many databases and how many sub domains etc. also for how much to sell them.

Hope i can get a good idea from you guys. Thanks

Agree with others here / there is no rules to what you offer / and as others have stated depends on what you have to offer in regards to your infrastructure etc... There are thousands of hosting providers out there including the big guys / best case is study the forums / here on HT and WHT are some good ones. See what others are offering the marketing forums. It really does depend on your marketing. The challenge is coming up with your secret sauce and how best to present your solution to your target market.

I would start out with just offering shared hosting and work up from there.

All the best of success with your new venture!

Dave

We can't really answer this question for you because of a number of factors not given.

For example we do not know how much money you need at the end of the month to make ends meet and be able to cover your business and personal bills. Your best bet would be to sit down with a spread sheet and work up the numbers yourself.

Unlimited is not that good to offer as sometimes it may just attract the abusers and scare away the true people who don't abuse the service.

Offer three different shared hosting plans you have to make them work and might have to change them up from time to time if you don't see any sales come in on them.

For disk space and bandwidth I wouldn't offer unlimited there but for addon domains , emails etc those you can give unlimited if you feel the need to.

As for the pricing its all up to you and how much you have to come up with at the end of the day to keep the services up and running. You need to price your plans out smart so that at the end of the day you aren't coming out of pocket so you can host the next person site.

Check the offers forum here on HD and other forums to see what others offer for what price and go from there.

Thank you guys for getting back to me.

You provided me with very useful information.

What do you think if a provide Shared Hosting with Unlimited resources and another option with Private Server (VPS) for premium web hosting with limited resources ? What do you think guys ?

Thanks

Shared Hosting comes up with limited scope as one environment is shared between many users. so giving unlimited resources will be at risk with respect to server monitoring and efficiency goes down.

On other hand VPS would be the good option.

What do you think if a provide Shared Hosting with Unlimited resources and another option with Private Server (VPS) for premium web hosting with limited resources ? What do you think guys ?

Thanks
You do, of course, realize that a big part of running a hosting provider is running a hosting provider... You know - the part where you make decisions.

That said - what are you planning on doing or offering that is going to make you stand out from all of the other thousands of 'providers' that start every month? How are you going to stand out in such a saturated market against the big players?

I'm not putting you down - but you should have at least some idea of what you want to do and how you want to do it without somebody else having to tell you how.

Thanks

only you can say what you want to offer as

1) We have no idea on what servers you have and what resources you have on each server.

2) We have no idea of your overheads

3) We have no idea of your target market

best option is to offer no more than 3 shared plans and 3 reseller plans.

even if you offer VPS and dedicated servers then just list about 3 or 4 on your site.

only you can say what you want to offer as

1) We have no idea on what servers you have and what resources you have on each server.

2) We have no idea of your overheads

3) We have no idea of your target market

best option is to offer no more than 3 shared plans and 3 reseller plans.

even if you offer VPS and dedicated servers then just list about 3 or 4 on your site.

The servers i am using are 2.9GHz Xeon CPU 6 Cores with 11gb ram and SSD-powered each server has 512gb of disk space.

I will try to do hard research to see what are the best resources and price to offer.

Thanks

The price you charge is going to be the one that works for your business and keeps you paying the bills every month. That's really all you need to know. Nobody can give you advice on what to charge there.

The servers i am using are 2.9GHz Xeon CPU 6 Cores with 11gb ram and SSD-powered each server has 512gb of disk space.

I will try to do hard research to see what are the best resources and price to offer.

Thanks

so say you pay $100 a month for the server and you want to give users a 100GB plan and dont want to oversell then just to cover the server cost alone you would need to charge $20 as you could only place 5 plans on the server, but more than likely you would only get 4 x 100GB plans on the server as space would be taken up by system files etc., so now you would have to change $25 just to cover the server, so by the time you add the costs of control panels etc, and wages you would need to charge $50 at least

thanks whmcsguru and easyhostmedia, the most important thing is to get some profit and make customers happy. I will have a look on what i can offer and how much i can earn from it.

Unlimited space, bandwidth, mysql databases and subdomains is something very popular these days. But you have to monitor everything carefully.

If you really have no idea what you can charge consider what your platform will support (assuming you have a VPS/Server).

Work on the principle that you break even at 20% occupancy.

Once the server pays for itself twice over, build your next one.
This leaves growth on the old one for people still on that platform and pays for the new one whilst you get customers.

Of course, you need to include your Salary in the calculations, but you aren't going to be able to pay yourself a salary until you have a few servers.

Work on the principle that you break even at 20% occupancy.

I work at 30% occupancy to break even and then once my servers reach 70% occupancy they are locked off from new clients. This then allows for current clients a little room on the server for growth without over stretching the server.