What you want from freehosting?

caesar1

Hi,
I planning start a new freehosting with cpanel (multi language= czech, slovak, english and later deutch). What you want from freehosting?

How much space, data transfer, which enabled the library - and what ads you are willing to put on the web?

Thank you :)

I assume people will want - no ads, unlimited everything and free TLD (kidding)
I assume you need to create your own concern and approach to that

Visit your competitors and wee what they offer. Compare and maybe that will help you generate your own ideas

Well, we offer free hosting and its only 1 GB.... So I wouldn't recommend you give over 5 GB cause they might be spammers or want to host illegal stuff.

Well, we offer free hosting and its only 1 GB.... So I wouldn't recommend you give over 5 GB cause they might be spammers or want to host illegal stuff.

Spammers will only need a few megs of space and 100mb+ bandwidth to fire off 100,000 + emails on average...

True say... But for free hosting you should still give more than 500 MB or no one is gonna sign up :crash:

I didn't say you should limit them so much, I'm just making a point. Free hosting is a slippery slope that I am happy to say I've never tried to climb.

There is another thread like this already open. Also, you can view the requests forum to get a better idea of what members want in a free host.:)

Servers4india

Hi
it's really good idea for a hosting

I think your plan is too good,i have no more idea about data transfer but i think in free hosting there is a required a max space and there is no required of ads. keep it up

Hi,

I suggest you to use any free hosting confrolpanel but not cpanel. Its not designed for freehosting service.

Also, you need to keep watch on your users to be sure that no one is using abuse/spam activity. You should put some restrictions like .htaccess etc for security reasons.

I think it would be better to offer limited disk space and bandwidth with good quality support which is always a problem with free web hosting providers (as far as I know ;)).

Offer unlimited addon domains and mysgl dbs and emails, Also no ads and just the right amount of Disk Space and Bandwidth and trust me you'll be set.