What's good for a free account

ladesign

I want to create a free account on my dedicated for clients that are just looking for something cheap "free", that I can advertise to clients. I would want to place one or two banner ads on the free account. Any suggestions?

- ladesignandcoding -

Unless you severely limit their CPU/space/bandwidth ad supported hosting is NOT profitable in the slightest.

Suggestion: DONT

Do you have any experience running a free web hosting service? Based on my experience, it ends up being far more trouble than its worth (it will attract spammers, and will eventually get you black-listed).

For the provider, free usually equals = expensive headaches.

Do you have any experience running a free web hosting service? Based on my experience, it ends up being far more trouble than its worth (it will attract spammers, and will eventually get you black-listed).

This is very true - I'd advise against doing this unless you really know what you're doing :smash:

I also have to agree that it's a bad idea. Charging something (anything) weeds out a lot of headaches.

Its bad idea to have free hosting. you will spend money time computer resources + they are going to contact you for every Lil thing so (don't do it )

This is not good idea. You will get no profits from it or maybe just one profit in Your own satisfaction as long as none will cause You troubles by exceeding resources or violating rules. Services for free doesn't make people act reasonable.

it depends on how much machine resources will you give to free client and how popular their sites will be. Maybe idea is not very bad, if you want you should try it. But as for me idea is not good