Which contact support system would you prefer?

inverthost.com

Which contact support system would you prefer? Whether your a host or a client or a MOD, I'd like to hear your opinion and a vote. I prefer just plan direct email, as I find it easy and I would not have to deal with logging in and out of Trouble Tickets or anything eles to that matter.

> Direct Email
> Live Chat
> Ticket System
> Forum
> Phone

Forum, Direct Email, Trouble Ticket for myself.
I think sometimes Live Chat and Phone Support tends to push staff over the edge.

Ticket System would be number 1 because you don't have to logout and loginto email addresses, and you can monitor everything at once.

I like helpdesk tickets myself. I find it very easy to have just one person responding to an issue at any given time, as well, any error messages can easily be copy/pasted.

Better if you have more then 1 support system in place..

1. For Regular issues.
2. For urgent issues.

But a cost vs benefit analysis is better, before you implement any support system.

I did vote for 1, sine I can't choose all :devil:

Personally having as many options available is the best in general. You have to maintain all avenues open to maintain a good support system. None of them alone will be as efficient as all of them together if you have enough man power. If you do not have the man power however, then the ticket system would do.

I myself prefer direct mail. Because through a mail you can concentrate and fix the issue in a better manner

I'd have to agree with the ticket system, with email piping. This covers both direct email and ticket management all in one.

I do feel a ticket system is the best method, however i think other methods should not be discounted, for example, the phone gives your customers a more personal feel, on the other hand live chat is also a good method, however i would only recommend it for sales as it is unethical to supply support using live chat.

I feel forums play a big part, it brings a hosts customers together - they can have there downsides, however i feel there are more upsides to it - i would however advise against a forum unless you have a fair few customers, there is nothing worse than going onto a site with 2 or 3 members tops in the forums IMO.

however i would only recommend it for sales as it is unethical to supply support using live chat.
Unethical? How? I see it as quite likely inefficient, but unethical?

ldcdc said:
Unethical? How? I see it as quite likely inefficient, but unethical?

I personally can not see how a company can give support over live chat, however yes i agree my wording was a little wrong there and inefficient is a better word for it.

ValidB-SG said:
I personally can not see how a company can give support over live chat

Live-chat is best if your client base is spread over many countries and either your support is not able to understand or clients are not able to make you understand there problems (it happens often). It is very good and economical for real time interaction.

Thanks.