which is the best web hosting company for a charity in the UK?

acnephonestyle

A friend of mine has a domain name already but are looking for a hosting organisation which will initially host a small web page and provide email addresses and mail forwarding. we may later want to expand the site to include online donations etc. Can anyone recommend a host which is reliable and cheap?

I think that it might be choice between free and paid web hosting and depends on the importance of the web site. I would go for free web host first time and then afret being decide on the paid one. IMO

Free hosting is an option but often involves framing your page with ads, I don't know whether that's acceptable to you.

Have you considered approaching hosts and asking for sponsorship? I'm sure there are businesses out who are keen to get behind charity projects and would happily provide hosting in exchange for a "sponsored by" link, especially for such lightweight requirements as your own.

There are also a few hosts around that specialize in cheap hosting for charities.

What is your budget and is the charity registered? If registered you might get have more of a chance at getting a good discount. I have used fasthosts recently for 2 domains based in the UK and they seem to be quite good for a cheap price.

I think that you can also go through US located companies. The companies like Hostgator.com, glowhost.com or LP.com must suit you.
In United States there is more rich choice.

I'd like to draw your attention to ********** and ************, as they have attractive offers of services for their clients. Vitally important fact is that support staff works 24/7, which is always sensitive and the prices are not very expensive.

webhosting

A friend of mine has a domain name already but are looking for a hosting organisation which will initially host a small web page and provide email addresses and mail forwarding. we may later want to expand the site to include online donations etc. Can anyone recommend a host which is reliable and cheap?

Mod Note: 3.4 Participants may not post or otherwise transmit promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation, except in those forum sections where advertising is expressly permitted.

Last edited by a moderator: