Which Software is better

chrisj383

Hi,

Which hosting billing software is better, which has the best features to choose from, which come with freebies. I currently use AWBS which one do you use. I'm going to post a poll on this one.

Chris

I'm probably a little biased but love WHMCS. We use it and love all the features of it and how it just works. :)

Have had a chance to try some of the others like modernbill and this just feels easiest to use as well as powerful to handle everything we need for it to do.

A lot of those listed are good billing software, I think at the end of the day it really boils down to what you just feel most comfortable using.

ClientExec gets my vote. I had experience with phpCOIN (not bad for the free pricetag) in the past as well as an older version of Modernbill. CE has been perfect for us and it keeps things simple yet provides enough options to accomplish what we need.

LaneHost said:
I'm probably a little biased but love WHMCS. We use it and love all the features of it and how it just works. :)

Have had a chance to try some of the others like modernbill and this just feels easiest to use as well as powerful to handle everything we need for it to do.

A lot of those listed are good billing software, I think at the end of the day it really boils down to what you just feel most comfortable using.

Agreed with LaneHost. WHMCS is absolutly a great billing system. Very stable and reliable and is by far the best IMO. I have used others like ModernBill and such and I found that WHMCS is simple, user friendly, affordable and it does what I need it to do. I also suggest WHMCS.

We went from WHMAP -> MB -> WHMCS and WHMCS is definitely the best we have ever used and its steadily getting better, big props to matt!!! :thumbsup:

Tried all of them

I have tested most every billing system thee is including the very expensive HSP Complete and Ill stick with AWBS

chrisj383 said:
Hi,

Which hosting billing software is better, which has the best features to choose from, which come with freebies. I currently use AWBS which one do you use. I'm going to post a poll on this one.

Chris

I've used Whoiscart, WHMAutoPilot, and ClientExec. Of the three, I prefer ClientExec with Whoiscart running a close second. But truly it all depends on what you are trying to accomplish in your business.

If you want everything automated and you are chasing the cheap hosting clients, then just about any billing software will work for you. For the first year that I ran a webhosting business, I didn't even use billing software. I collected a check from my customer for the first year of hosting in advance.

Currently I am using ClientExec without a complaint. I have used ModernBill and it does have a lot of features, but I call it the carpul tunnel supporter, as it takes 3x as many clicks to get anything done that program. WHMCS seems pretty good too, it has a lot of features, but in the end I went with ClientExec because to me it was easier to use/look at... not cluttery I guess. But it was between those 2 in the end for ease of use, features, and cost! They are both super affordable.