Which Support systems For Hosting business?

JodoHost1

Although we are supporting all the 3 support methods (Live Chat, Phone Support and Ticket/email system) because they have their own importance in different Eyes. But in Hosting Business one must look for more than one support systems. Because, every client appreciate quick/fast and continuous support as and when required by them.

Live Support - Will serve to get answers for Pre-Sales question or matters which is very urgent.

Phone Support – Admired by people for instant problem solving; but not a satisfactory method for Technical Support.

Email/Ticket System - It is a best support system to provide Tech-support and solve descriptive issue. If maintained by the minimum response time.

Although presently most companies are considering Live Chat and Ticket system as effective Support system. What you think about the same?

I have provided phone support but not published the number. I have offered it when a client requests it. I would prefer to offer phone 24/7 but at the moment it wont happen.

I agree that the ticket system is most effective so you can post errors in and keep a log of tickets and browse through the history. I agree 100% that it needs to be maintained by the minimum response time.

Livechat has also been a great tool for us sales and support wise. Sometimes trouble tickets do not cut it when someone asks a question and you need to wait a few minutes between replies. Somethings are far easier in a chat session.

I believe that all methods does provide a wider net to gain clients as some just love the phone and a company needs to cater to their needs also.

I do consider live Chat and ticket system are effective support system, though 24/7 Phone Support allows you to prove your 24/7 existence in front of your customers making you more professional. :)

Good thinking etech! Many people want 100% from their hosting company these days and that adds the extra needed.

I remember starting off a few years back as a reseller and I would need to call early hours of the morning of the hosting companys time zone and someone was always there! It was great to know they were on top of things.

We do email / helpdesk for all clients and phone for our consultancy customers or high value hosting customers.

Although phone support is available to all clients, generally speaking I believe it to be pointless for your average client. Obviously, for certain clients support via telephone will be indispensable, although most of those clients will also want to come in and see someone.

For your average shared or reseller hosting client, however, I believe a mix of live chat and email / tickets is the best way to go. It's cost effective and works.

According to me, Live support & Ticket system both are useful support systems. Live support helps in giving quick response to customers & if problem is complex then ticket system is very useful. But both systems are essential in webhosting.

A lot of hosts overlook the support forum as another support method. As an end-user of a few hosting companies, I much prefer the forum support than a ticket / phone system. From a hosting point a view - some of your most basic questions can be answered by other hosting clients or previous topics.

Another aspect to remember is that forums are LOVED by search engines. Fill your forums with technical discussion and you may find you have members who are not clients, yet soon become one.

Forum support is great! Also if the host is honest and does what they should be doing then this reflects in the types of posts you get at the forum and can be a good selling tool. Unfortunatly some companies delete "bad posts" so that the visitor to the forum only see's a good side.

Ticket system and FAQ section where you can update the FAQ with each new question asked. That way you build a knowledge base to direct the customer there each time, or inlcude it in their welcome pack as we do
FLV hosting

Adding email questions in to FAQ's is something I have done on a few occasions but do not keep up as much as I should. I may start this again.