WHMAutoPilot or ModernBill

Out of the two, I'd go with ModernBill.

We had just purchased an owned license of whmAutoPilot, and it is insecure.

They basically wanted us to open port 25 (smtp) for any script on the server, that wanted to use it. This of course is a spammers dream. They refused to help with the problem, insisting that we should basically sacrifice the server it was installed on to spammers, just to run their software. Not only did they want us to do so, but also suggested that opening SMTP to any software on the local machine is perfectly secure. When I showed them the error in their ways, they went silent, and stopped responding.

We became irritated to the point where we just built our own billing/account management software.

In any case, in light of the above, I would suggest ModernBill.

Really, then I guess I'll lean toward ModernBill, it all sounds good anyways, I just need something to set up scripts for me instaead of giving all my staff access to my paypal e-mail address and whm just to create accounts.

aznkid14, your thread was moved to the Billing and Accounting forum because you would like to compare WHMAP with ModernBill, which are both billing scripts.

I'd go with Moderbill any day over WHMAutoPilot....

Right now I'm thinking about switching from clientexec to modernbill or agilebill, haven't decided yet...

Yes, ClientExec is a cheap solution but not have enough features like ModernBill or WHMAP or lpanel have.

I will go for modernbill as have tried both modernbill and whmap from installtion to all its plus and minus points and feel modernbill is really very good

Just out of curiosity, what features do you use on a regular basis with Modernbill that are not available on WHMAP?

There is no better, each has an advantage over the other. Although modernbill does have a lot of features, you might consider WHMAP for its simplicity.

Depending on how good WHMAP v3 is we might change our billing software. WHMAP lacks of "self-updating" and having 'good' error reports. Sometimes errors happen and you have NO clue of why it happened neither anything letting you know what happened. We will see what's best.

I would personally go with WhmAutoPilot, because its cheaper, and easy to operate than modernbill. However, If you offer VPS, and Dedicated Servers it could be a hassle.

Your billing system is more of a preference really, I prefer modernbill because of how many options it has. You can use it with cPanel/WHM, Plesk, Direct Admin, helm, etc. while with WHMAP I believe is only for cPanel/WHM.

There are both positive and negative's if you choose either one. Like I said earlier, ModernBill has many more options. You can fully automate billing, but it is a pain to set up, and the support isn't really something to brag about either. WHMAP is a lot easier to set up, so if your on a strict schedule or don't feel like using up a lot of time to set up ModernBill, go with this. The support is a lot better as well, they have pretty quick responses.

I believe both have a 30 day trial period, or some type of trial period. Try both of them out to see what you prefer.

As mentioned by my colleague ModernBill is superior to WHMAutopilot in many ways. I personally used WHMAutopilot since it's early days simply because it was so easy to use. However ModernBill seems to have things a bit more stable and it's advanced features are better if your offering full services hosting.

Good Luck!

I would have to agree. ModernBill is the winner all the way. WHM AutoPilot isn't as advanced as ModernBill is... I haven't used the new v3 version that has been released yet.. But, when I previously used it then I can honestly say that ModernBill is a clear winner.