WHMCS or Clientexec

I have been using WHMCS for over a year. I have not seen any major bugs especially since V4 came out. If you need any help setting it up let me know.

I recommend whmcs if your looking for something with alot of features .. but if you want something basic with less features clientexec..

Definitely WHMCS. While it does have a lot of features, the admin area is very easy to navigate. It's also highly customizable. I have it embedded in my site design and you can barely even notice that it's billing software.

As far as ClientExec goes, it is definitely simple and can get the job done. However a big draw back for me (not sure if this is still the case) is that you cannot credit a customers account. You basically have to manually create invoices with no charges or something along those lines.

Of course WHMCS has a bug because they lauch new versions. Having bugs is normal for software developer.
No one can make 100% bug free software.
Yes, WHMCS is the best billing SW.

Hello,

I notice that most hosting companies chose to tell you that WHMCS is better. This is also right in my opinion, although it's not just rather it has the most features or the most popular. You have to think about every aspect other than your own.

When a client who is at another company using WHMCS comes to your hosting company expecting everything to be better and they see that you both use the exact same billing system as the one they switched, then they might have second thoughts.

I belive that a customer wants to feel secure and like they are with a one of a kind host rather than one that is just like every other hosting company out there.

Best Regards,

I don't think any billing software is going to be bug free, I've read bugs for both. I use Clientexec only because it comes with my reseller package for free. If I had to pay I would go with WHMCS because I like the way it looks, much more polished than CE.

Mark

I've been using Client Exec for a while now.. I do like it, however I've never used WHMCS so I can't compare unfortunately. On another note, I do know a few co-workers and friends that use WHMCS and I've heard nothing but good things.

i recommend going with WHMCS. WHMCS is very easy to use and very easy to customize. You can get plugins developed and installation requires just uploading the plugin file.

Well again, it depends on what your requirements are. If you are running a small Web Hosting business and do not need much out of a billing system, then I would use ClientExec. But if its otherwise, then go with WHMCS.