WHT and its rules suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the greater point Paul0130 and I are trying to convey is that WHT and their rules suck, which why I chose to end my participation with them.

Oh, I also rolled through a stop sign today. I'm such a rule breaker. :rolleyes2

you come on here to say thay your posts were removed by WHT because you mentioned a banned company and admitted you broke their rules. every forum has rules and some are more strict than others but that the internet for you.

WHT is power hungry, even if you don't break the rules they still give you infractions and delete your threads. I've had many of my threads deleted and I've gotten infractions simply because the mod didn't like me. We'd but heads and because he or she is a mod they figure they can get the last laugh.

Oh, and don't try to fight them with contacting their support department, the others will back each other up no matter the reason. WHT is full of children and assholes. No wonder that forum sucks. I used to be active on that forum, but I decided to only use it for advertising. I was a host when I stopped being active, long time ago...But, in any case, you did break the rules but I do agree that they should do what art does and state the problem and close the thread. This way others see the mistake and learn. If you simply delete the thread you have no reference to go on so others try and fix their wording as to not break the rules to only find out they are.

WHT will never be of quality, only quantity. HD on the other hand is the opposite. Lots of quality people, and lots of quality threads. HD I hope when it does gets to WHT size it stays as it is now. Forgive my non french in this post, got a little heated. WHT just makes me angry sometimes.

Last edited:
WHT is power hungry, even if you don't break the rules they still give you infractions and delete your threads. I've had many of my threads deleted and I've gotten infractions simply because the mod didn't like me. We'd but heads and because he or she is a mod they figure they can get the last laugh.

Oh, and don't try to fight them with contacting their support department, the others will back each other up no matter the reason. WHT is full of children and assholes. No wonder that forum sucks. I used to be active on that forum, but I decided to only use it for advertising. I was a host when I stopped being active, long time ago...But, in any case, you did break the rules but I do agree that they should do what art does and state the problem and close the thread. This way others see the mistake and learn. If you simply delete the thread you have no reference to go on so others try and fix their wording as to not break the rules to only find out they are.

WHT will never be of quality, only quantity. HD on the other hand is the opposite. Lots of quality people, and lots of quality threads. HD I hope when it does gets to WHT size it stays as it is now. Forgive my non french in this post, got a little heated. WHT just makes me angry sometimes.

but the OP openly come on here to say that the removed their thread and warned them after they broke the rule a second time ( OP openly admitted breaking their rules)

But hey, do I give a crap, noooooooo, WHT need putting in their place, they are a joke.
Honestly, they are childish morons and I know many who can back it up.

WHT is full of children and assholes. No wonder that forum sucks

Really guys?
Do you really think you can be taken seriously when you use this kind of rhetoric.
People get banned or disciplined by forums. 99.999% of the time it is deserved. Then about half the time it seems they run off to other forums to complain and try to convince people they were wronged.

Who's really acting like children here?

Really guys?
Do you really think you can be taken seriously when you use this kind of rhetoric.
People get banned or disciplined by forums. 99.999% of the time it is deserved. Then about half the time it seems they run off to other forums to complain and try to convince people they were wronged.

Who's really acting like children here?

Yes really.

Well Compared to this forum and tons of others, WHT is ridiculous, they spy on you, watch you, will not talk with you and threaten to tarnish your Company in their forums.
There is a ton more but that is the basic.

99% of the time yes, it may be deserved, but on WHT it is a whole different ball game.
My thoughts tell me you either use it or are a mod there, because most on here agree with everyone else about that power hungry forum.
It seems many mods over there hang on here, either as mods or as just users, I should know since they told me about posts on here in my ticket.

I have broke the rules here, I think a few times by accident mainly.

Instead of people being silly - I got a message telling me about it, and explaining they like to keep a good community, I apologized for my actions and we continue to be cool about it.

But it is like that in many places, some people make mistakes not on purpose.
Fair enough if your posting your host in every thread and blatantly breaking the rules like an ass.

There is no compromise, no understanding at all.

It's not a way to run a good community.

Go finding the hundred complaints over lowendbox, about people being banned etc and things being taken to far over the most silly, littlest things.

Last edited:
I'm not defending op, simply stating how WHT is. Most of you know me pretty well and can attest to the fact that I don't go around breaking rules. If I break one it is because it was an accident and when shown my error I apologize, learn, and move on. Art has done this with me I believe 3 times since I joined HD. But on WHT, even if you don't break a rule they delete your posts because it isn't to their liking.

WHT has so many complaints that it makes you wonder can they all be wrong? If a bunch of random people who tried a host tell you the service wasn't that great will you call them liars or believe them? I'd like to think you would believe them since the majority of reviews are honest. Same logic when applied to this. Majority of WHT users I'd hope are not assholes so you must assume that some reviews are honest instead of calling people childish for expressing their opinion.

Two things I'd like to say.

1. Going around the banned name after a warning not to do so, will earn anyone an infraction on any properly run community, including this one. As I mentioned in my previous post, if a member here tried to go around the filter, I'd ask the user not to do so. If a member does it again, guess what - an official warning/infraction will be issued. An abbreviation is just another way to go around the censored word. So in that regard, I back up the WHT mods for enforcing the rule in a logical and a coherent way. Deleting a thread or locking it is the decision each community makes for itself, but I don't see it as a big deal, rather a routine operational decision based on few variables.

2. There is no reason to use strong language against WHT or the people who moderate/run it. It is a large community that does its best to enforce their rules. While a human factor will always be at play, complaining about the rules is senseless. If someone doesn't agree to the rules, do not use the website. Simple as that.

Have I been bullied myself? Yes, by their top people. But I (a) don't fall for provocations, (b) don't complain and (c) let it go and move on. After all, it is their community and they can run it as they please. Whether that satisfies me is a different question. Some people are okay with that, some don't. The beautiful thing about it is that there is always a choice to say Yes or No. :)

Two things I'd like to say.

1. Going around the banned name after a warning not to do so, will earn anyone an infraction on any properly run community, including this one. As I mentioned in my previous post, if a member here tried to go around the filter, I'd ask the user not to do so. If a member does it again, guess what - an official warning/infraction will be issued. An abbreviation is just another way to go around the censored word. So in that regard, I back up the WHT mods for enforcing the rule in a logical and a coherent way. Deleting a thread or locking it is the decision each community makes for itself, but I don't see it as a big deal, rather a routine operational decision based on few variables.

2. There is no reason to use strong language against WHT or the people who moderate/run it. It is a large community that does its best to enforce their rules. While a human factor will always be at play, complaining about the rules is senseless. If someone doesn't agree to the rules, do not use the website. Simple as that.

Have I been bullied myself? Yes, by their top people. But I (a) don't fall for provocations, (b) don't complain and (c) let it go and move on. After all, it is their community and they can run it as they please. Whether that satisfies me is a different question. Some people are okay with that, some don't. The beautiful thing about it is that there is always a choice to say Yes or No. :)

Couldn't agree more, but this thread really just unlocks peoples feelings, I guess.
Well for me anyway! :)

But yes, it is a case of get on with it, lifes a bitch :agree:

Couldn't agree more, but this thread really just unlocks peoples feelings, I guess.

I understand that. It feels like every time someone comes around and posts his/her complaint about another community (in our case most of the time it turns out to be about WHT), it opens up some old wounds and people tend to seize the opportunity to jump in batting. :)

Art, you sir have a way with words. I agree, move on and enjoy another day of living.

Thank you.

When someone starts to throw mean words around, people should keep in mind that one of our moderators is also a moderator at WHT (for the record, he became a moderator here first), so everyone should try to keep their cool. :agree:

I guess I go against the grain of some of the members here as I don't have an issue with WHT or their moderators, or the fact that they took action against the OP.

I don't frequent WHT as much as I used to, but it's not because of the moderation - it's simply because I find other forums, like HD, more enjoyable. Saying that, I'm not on HD as much as I used to be, but that's simply because I'm incredibly busy.

I do agree with Blue and Artashes here.

Well for me anyway! :)

But yes, it is a case of get on with it, lifes a bitch :agree:

no the thread is the OP complaining on another forum that their posts were removed and they received a warning on WHT for breaking their rules which they admitted doing.

WHT must be doing something right as they have 324,173 registered members.

no the thread is the OP complaining on another forum that their posts were removed and they received a warning on WHT for breaking their rules which they admitted doing.

WHT must be doing something right as they have 324,173 registered members.

And the title is not great, maybe he could of used something a bit better.

And the title is not great, maybe he could of used something a bit better.

true as in the OPs case i dont think they were overzealous, as the OP broke their forum rules on more than one occasion which they admitted, had the posts removed and a warning, they got off lightly as they could have been banned on the forum.

true as in the OPs case i dont think they were overzealous, as the OP broke their forum rules on more than one occasion which they admitted, had the posts removed and a warning, they got off lightly as they could have been banned on the forum.

Indeed, most have experienced bans for a lot less, so I guess taking it with a pinch of salt would be the best bet for OP.

Indeed, most have experienced bans for a lot less, so I guess taking it with a pinch of salt would be the best bet for OP.

exactly. i was a member and helped many people until an ex client who i terminated due to non payment decided to abuse me on WHT and other forums, so i reported him to WHT admin and guess what he is still an active member and i was the one banned.

so i am not in support of WHT, but i dont like when others start threads on other forums, stating that they had threads removed from another forum because the broke the rules

exactly. i was a member and helped many people until an ex client who i terminated due to non payment decided to abuse me on WHT and other forums, so i reported him to WHT admin and guess what he is still an active member and i was the one banned.

so i am not in support of WHT, but i dont like when others start threads on other forums, stating that they had threads removed from another forum because the broke the rules

I not opposed to this thread being renamed "WHT and its rules suck".

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamHostBrett