Why Great Customer Support Is Important

Something I have always done is to ensure every year a personally signed Christmas card goes out to all of our clients thanking them and wishing them a happy holidays.
this is something i also do, i always add a little fridge magnet calendar with their cards

Post Sales quality customer support forms the backbone of any business. Finding a new customer signup for your services is at-times simpler, more challenging is to retain him and keep him/er happy. Though it shouldn't be misunderstood that offering top notch customer support to be a difficult task. Doing everything possible to help the customer have a good experoence with you is all you need to remember.

Hi

Wow! I did not know that customer service has so much important role in the choosing of any web-hosting company. This surely affects the long term efficiency of the company. I've only got my 2 sites online by a web-hosting company and this is just my first time, so this makes me doubt my decision a bit. Hopefully, I chose an okay web-hosting company. However, Thanks!:shaky:

Wow! I did not know that customer service has so much important role in the choosing of any web-hosting company. This surely affects the long term efficiency of the company. I've only got my 2 sites online by a web-hosting company and this is just my first time, so this makes me doubt my decision a bit. Hopefully, I chose an okay web-hosting company. However, Thanks!:shaky:

customer service is an important role in any business more so in a service industry like web hosting.

if your customer service/support is shocking etc. would the customer stay with your company. i would think not.

What's troubling is the number of companies who cut back on customer support in order to offer cheap hosting. I'd rather pay a few bucks more every month to know that I have good support than go with "the cheapest web host in town" and end up with mystery support.

What's troubling is the number of companies who cut back on customer support in order to offer cheap hosting. I'd rather pay a few bucks more every month to know that I have good support than go with "the cheapest web host in town" and end up with mystery support.

the way i work is if a client buys a budget plan or a premium plan they get the same level of support and customer service. this is how any service business should operate as at the end of the day they are all paying customers

customer service is an important role in any business more so in a service industry like web hosting.

if your customer service/support is shocking etc. would the customer stay with your company. i would think not.

I agree strongly! Also it makes me feel better about my current host goweb.de after they solved my web-site crash in just 15 minutes after i contacted them. I will surely keep the customer service aspect in mind for the future.

if i had a pound for every client that contacted me shouting their site is down losing them money and blaming the server, when all it is the server has blocked their IP for some reason ( most likely too many failed login attempts) a couple of minutes to unblock the IP in the firewall and all is well again, but never get an apology

what do you mean saying Great customer service? Quick time response in ticket? Quality assistance in live chat, phone support?:confused: Share your opinion about it.

It's one of the main ingredients to a successful business not only with web hosting. As most customers will stay with your company because of your superb customer service.

Exactly, I believed that it really starts on the people in your business. Great customer support means leading your company to get higher sales. :)

In the hosting industry today it is a lot more congested than lets say 10 years ago with loads of cheap budget hosts.
so yes customer service has always been a top priority, but i would say more so more important today than 10 years ago as if you do not offer good customer service and communicate with your clients if issues arise then they will just upsticks and move to another host

Support is actually a #1 concern for hosting providers because when there is a trouble if there is no support you are going no where...

Good communication and customer service is key to a great web-host, and any host should have these qualities in spades.

The question from the OP is why is great customer service important. We can all agree that any reputable host should offer it, but it is important because your customers think it's important.

They have lots of choices when it comes to hosting and want to know they are going to be treated right if their site goes down or they can't get emails. Because if you don't offer the support they deserve and want, they can always move their hosting elsewhere.

Customer service to existing customers is a top priority. A angry customer can go around and create mess for you.

Customer service to existing customers is a top priority. A angry customer can go around and create mess for you.

this also goes for potential customers as if you do not offer great pre-sales service they will relay this across many forums

Agreed. Though, they probably won't go around posting bad reviews over pre-sales are you don't owe them anything per say.

just look on WHT and webhostingstuff, their are many reviews/comments on hosts that have failed to answer pre sales questions etc. so this is just as damaging to a host that upset clients

just look on WHT and webhostingstuff, their are many reviews/comments on hosts that have failed to answer pre sales questions etc. so this is just as damaging to a host that upset clients

If a prospect client cant get a hold of them now.. i guess he/she should stay away from it as far as possible.