Why Reseller plans are expensive?

MOD NOTE: 3.4 Participants may not post or otherwise transmit promotional materials, or any other form of solicitation, except in those forum sections where advertising is expressly permitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I currently have a reseller account to host multiple domains and the price to me is just right. 1 shared account will host one domain (sometimes more) but under one control panel. With a multi domain or reseller you can host more domains with their own control panel. It makes since that it would cost more.

It cost me 1/4 of the price to host all my domains, 20+ under one reseller account than to buy a shared plan for each. IMHO reseller plans are much cheaper for multi-domain hosting!

SALAM

I need reseller but not for business I want it to have many websites in same hosting many sites in different subjects, I want same shared plan but with WHM panle I dont need unlimited features..

Any thing for this problem?
Any body cane help me with this problem?
Any company can help me with this problem?

ZYOUD

You may want to get a small plan which will be cheap I am referring to ~5gb or so plans.

A shared hosting account with WHM is a reseller plan. It's expensive because like others have said, you can host multiple domains on it. The best part is that each user will be able to get their own separate and personal control panel unlike shared where all domains are restricted to 1 control panel account.

If you are unsure which plan to choose, we generally recommend starting out with the Regular Reseller plan because it's less expensive.

I do not think all reseller plans are expensive... Some of the are really cheap..

For example, Webhostgiant.com has not the separate plans for reselling, but it is still possible to resell using their shared hosting plans which allow multiple domains hosting and are extremely cheap.

I think reseller plans are a dirt cheap way of getting in to this business. How many businesses can you think of that you can start for the price of 10 McDonalds/month :D I view reseller plans as a stepping stone up to VPS, Dedicated and then colocated services. ~$30-$40 isnt really a lot of money if you are starting up a business. You could easily sell 5 hosting plans and cover the costs of your hosting.

I think reseller plans are a dirt cheap way of getting in to this business. How many businesses can you think of that you can start for the price of 10 McDonalds/month :D I view reseller plans as a stepping stone up to VPS, Dedicated and then colocated services. ~$30-$40 isnt really a lot of money if you are starting up a business. You could easily sell 5 hosting plans and cover the costs of your hosting.

Yes. I wouldn't exactly consider a reseller expensive, so long as it was hosted with a good company. And I suppose it is a stepping stone to a VPS, a dedicated server, and then to a colocation.

es. I wouldn't exactly consider a reseller expensive, so long as it was hosted with a good company. And I suppose it is a stepping stone to a VPS, a dedicated server, and then to a colocation.
If you are good in administartion and have skills in the support the concern you have mentored is the best. But if you do not have such skills you'd better go for the reseller account to have a start

Reselling is good for beginners and you may start with it to get more experience in running web site.
SharkSpace.com, ResellerZoom.com and Downtownhost.com are the companies that can be started with. Cheap offers with nice uptime and in-house support.

In house support is important to me, whether it's reseller hosting, a VPS, or a dedicated server. I don't really like hosting with companies that use outsourced support.

multi account creation ability, high bandwidth. Plus billing script available for max resellers - it may be the reason behind.

I do not really think all the reseller plans are expensive. I suppose it is possible to get reseller package pretty cheap from some companies like MMhosting.com - which provides nice and cheap features and Webhostgiant.com which enables reselling in every hosting plan proposed.

To start business reseller package is the best option to my mind

Well it also depends on the host. For example HostGator is expensive but it provides a lot of space and bandwidth. Other hosts gives you an okay amount of space and bandwidth for a much cheaper price. So if you are looking to start a small company. Start with a trustworthy cheap hosting company, and get your company going. If you like the hosting you bought, stay with it and upgrade. If not and your company is growing, go to a more popular host like HostGator. Hope this helps.

If company is big that doesn't mean that they offer the best services. I think that service levekl is the main factor - not size of the company ;)

If company is big that doesn't mean that they offer the best services. I think that service levekl is the main factor - not size of the company ;)

You are right as always...., at least I agree with you.

Large sized companies often oversell, and that means no quality...