Why should i choose you?

Replace "break ur legs" for "burn down your house and block up the exits" and thats near enough my major sales pitch ;)

LOL! nice one.

I would respond with

"We offer a 30-day money back guarantee, so if our near-immediate support response does not satisfy you in the unlikely event of a problem, we will gladly refund your money"

;)

Jo, maybe you should consider offering a 30 day. I doubt many people would want to leave your services anyway.

Matt

Insert blurb about our great datacenter, 24/7 support, 30-day satisfaction guarantee, 99.9995% up-time guarantee...

Okay, I'm just rambling. On a more serious note -- that's quite a challenging question, because so many web hosts do offer the seemingly standard "blurb" of amazing services. I guess it's the "we actually deliver on our promise" factor -- getting the customer to instill their confidence in you, knowing that you not only say these things on your web site, but that you can actually do it.

Heh, which pretty much leaves an ambiguous answer for you --

JP

It's a dying concept, and rightfully so.
That is your opinion Simon. Others would disagree. I say that from a consumer's point of view moneyback guarantees are generally overrated (in the hosting industry).

ldcdc said:
That is your opinion Simon. Others would disagree. I say that from a consumer's point of view moneyback guarantees are generally overrated (in the hosting industry).
Money back guarantee's are basically free hosting, or trial.

I see less and less sites pulling this stunt lately, and have seen the decline full-on for the last 18 months. The true protection of accounts are starting to (re)surface in SLA's. Long may they live, they offer legal protection for both consumer and vendor.

Simon

I don't care much for SLA's either. If one really wants risk reversal, he should think "insurance."

Money back guarantee's are basically free hosting, or trial.
Yes, the no questions asked guarantees are that basically and some people know how to take full advantage of them - basically abusing the system.

I used to offer 30-day money back guarentee, until i had people claiming that "cPanel has over 500ms lag, that is unacceptable." That was a real reason to cancel hosting. This was after they'd used over 6GB of the 10GB bandwidth. My solution was to charge $0.20 per GB of bandwidth used, and return the rest.

When people ask why they should choose me, i have ready links to other major dedicated server/game server host pricing pages, and they can see the HUGE price difference. Then I link them to the services page, which mine is either identical or better than. And finally, I give them real statistics on the bandwidth/cpu saturation. I've been turned down once, by a guy from another game hosting service that was concerned taht i was scamming, and making him lose business.

I have tried this concept of "Why should I choose you?" for quite a long period of time, just not in hosting, but in dating as well.

If your girlfriend have to ask you that, then might as well, it's not the one. What is this? A dating TV game? And if you have to ask yourself that too... then you are in the wrong business.

Good luck! :)

Our response depends on the client's needs/desires. We're not going to tout a 30 day money back guarantee if they're already planning to pay for 6 months, a year in advance. We're also not going to brag about customer response time for a $1.50/month account where a $200/month client would want to know about how fast we're going to be able to restore a week old backup for them.

Forum4Hosts-Jo said:
I don't offer a 30 day money back guarantee

That should do it. Bascially you try us for 30 days... dont like it then leave... but atleast let us know what we are doing wrong so we can make an effort to change... you see?