Windows Vista

Yes, I will definitely upgrade, but only with the next PC upgrade. I run Win XP at the moment, so that gives plenty of time to wait for the stable Vista release. And, perhaps, more incentives that come with it...

How about you?

Best,

I will only upgrade depending on costs. Does anyone know the expected cost of this release? From what I have seen in feature wise, I think everyone will/should upgrade. Windows Vita looks great.

I'm in no hurry to upgrade.
Vista will be a small nightmare in the beginning at least until service pack one.

I find it odd that that will be releasing a version of Vista that only allows you to have 3 open windows on your desktop.

I'm not in a hurry to upgrade either. I'd rather wait a couple of months because bugs tend to be found in the first couple of weeks. e.g. Windows XP and especially Service Pack 2 which damaged most of the banks in the United Kingdom.

Not in a hurry either. I might upgrade one of my machines, but, the rest are staying on XP for the forseeable future.

When are they stopping upgrades for Windows XP 2008 or 2009? Then they begin developing Windows "Vienna".

What a pain in the a$$

I just got this notice yoday

You may have heard about the upcoming release of Microsoft's new operating system, Windows Vista. Microsoft has made significant changes to how software runs on Windows Vista.

I'm sending you this important service alert because you are using a 2006 or earlier version of QuickBooks software.

Since QuickBooks 2006 and earlier versions were developed
and released before the introduction of Windows Vista,
these versions may be adversely affected when used on
a computer running Windows Vista.

Upgraded and really i think the only improvements were for the non-computer savy people. I am fairly advanced when it comes to computers and win xp worked fine for me ah well vista has cool graphics.

I'm still not upgrading even though my system is nagging me too. I'll probably upgrade in August.

My main attraction to the new Windows is the new Office. I heard plenty about it, and I saw a demo of it in action - looks impressive and I'd love to try it for myself. However, from what I read in Fortune magazine - the Office will run on XP as well.

At the moment the money for Windows will start flowing through purchases of new PCs, then in 1-2 years the majority will start the upgrade. The truth is - the software is very resource demanding and most consumer (even corporate) PCs need hardware upgrades as well.