Wordpress to Blogger

Westpoint

Well, right now, for some good reason I have to migrate a Wordpress blog of mine (hosted on a shared server and my own domain name) to Blogger. Blogger allows you to create a blog there using your own domain name. I wish Wordpress had the same policy.

I've installed WordPress several times on private domains and also had a client with a WordPress.com account and WordPress allowed us to use the domain the client wanted instead of [client'sdomain].wordpress.com.

Are you sure? I tried to create a blog on Wordpress.com, and I didn't see the option for basic users. It is just for premium and business users.

Are you sure? I tried to create a blog on Wordpress.com, and I didn't see the option for basic users. It is just for premium and business users.

You need to have a hosted account somewhere. If you got your own domain name, you can sign up with any shared hosting service, most offer WP as part of their normal package.

I set my first one up through a Fantastico add-on, but that was a while back. Now on our sites and my son's we just download and install it as the updates come out or if we are setting up a new site.

I updated our sites to WP 3.51 from our local here when the update came out, because we do some production work / testing here locally, so I keep the files held current.

However you can lease space from anyone or host your own.

Go ahead and check out this on the license, it's Freeware basically.

http://wordpress.org/about/gpl/

Wordpress is the most common and popular software use for the blogging and it is available in cPanel and Plesk as an addon. User can install it on their domain without taking help of anybody.

Wordpress is free blogging software. You can download it from google freely. Also it is provided with hosting providers freely.

I'm keeping my eyes open for when 3.6 comes out. The domain name is the main thing I'm looking at. I'm staying with Wordpress though because, by comparison, Blogger doesn't do it for me.

I'm keeping my eyes open for when 3.6 comes out. The domain name is the main thing I'm looking at. I'm staying with Wordpress though because, by comparison, Blogger doesn't do it for me.

If you need help setting up a vps (can be cheap, depending on amount of visitors) I'm sure that if you post here both myself and others are willing to help.

All the sites I run (or helped setup for friends) are small and optimized meaning low cost for you :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sus123