X9 Hosting Review

jeepxj86

I'm fairly new to the hosting thing. I do know a well oiled machine when I see it though.

When I first got the idea to make a website I thought... "I'll need a reliable, knowledgeable, and caring hosting company. My first thought was cheap so I headed over to HostGator. WOW. I was about ready to give up on the website idea. There service always seemed to be down which means my email, website, and anything else I needed to connect with my clients was lost. So after half a month of there rude and under qualified support team, and there horrible uptime I decided it was time for a change. This leads me to X9 Hosting?

I found it extremely simple to switch hosts. I purchased one of there cheaper accounts with more than enough space and bandwidth than I needed. I simply downloaded everything off of my old host (big pain!), which I also found out that x9 has a cool option to do that for you to save the less experienced user some time. I was then going to upload my old files onto my new server but I couldn’t find out how. I went to there friendly support chat and found out my old host lost the email I was sent! The support team sent out another email immediately and within 2 minutes I was uploading my files!
With everything being uploaded I needed to set up the mysql databases for my forum which was extremely easy due to there "phpmyadmin".

All in all, there ease of use is astounding. There support team amazes me with how fast they respond and how the handle the situation. They make it so easy even my 90 year old grandma could set up a site in less than a half hour. As far as uptime goes... 100% uptime! I'm now generating traffic due to the uptime and all my visitors are able to view my site 100% of the time instead of the 60% I use to be getting.

I hope this review helps anyone out there looking for a web host. I can honestly say it is a pain setting up a host for the first time. With X9 Hosting... They take the painful part off of your shoulders and onto theirs. There website can be found at: X9 Hosting
If anyone wishes to contact me regarding my findings feel free to email me at support@9212radio.com

They look pretty new. How did you hear about them?
Also, it looks like you've only been with them for a couple of days.
Perhaps you could update us in a few months when you have really had a chance to test their services.

It's been about 2 months or I wouldn't have wasted my time to write this. I just thought i'd give back to all that have helped me on the internet.

Blue said:
They look pretty new. How did you hear about them?
Also, it looks like you've only been with them for a couple of days.
Perhaps you could update us in a few months when you have really had a chance to test their services.

Yes we are a fairly new company, but not new to the business. I formely owned another hosting company (I will not mention name) and moved on to start X9. The old company is still around and very sucessful, and still in business. When I sold the company it had around 170 clients.

The reason I sold the old company was I felt there were major changes that I wanted to make, but knew that it was not possible with an existing company. If we would have went ahead and made the changes we know that we would have lost alot of customers. You always have to keep the customers in mind. The only way to make the changes was to start fresh, which is no easy task. Well I was up to challange and have to say that we are off to an amazing start. We have a much better staff and many more added features than last time.

Josh might have went a little over on the time that he has been with us. I believe that he has been with us for a little over a month. :)

Edit: Forgive me, I did not introduce myself, late where I am, slipped my mind, and I consider that very rude. I am the owner of www.reactive-studios.com, and I have just come to make an informational post about a new web host that I have found, and that I feel is very trust worthy. This is indeed a very helpful and informational site that I have recently added to my favorites, glad I found it. Hope my review is helpful. :)

I have had my site hosted with X9 for 1-2 months now and have experienced no down time and no problems. Account activation and (NEW DOMAIN!) purchases are activated instantly. I did not transfer sites, I consider myself to be a web designer and when I purchase new hosting, my site usually receives a revamp as well. As for now X9 is top notch in my book of many colors, and will stay that way as long as their servers and support stick to their current path of perfection.

I also hope this review was helpful to someone. I am a man of few words, but maybe my small contribution will assist someone in finding a new hosting company they can trust to live up to all their promises and guarantees.

- Mark Anthony Bryan, Jr.
Reactive Studios
www.reactive-studios.com

Last edited:
1-2 months? Maybe not.
Can you tell us how you came across our forum to make this post?

Domain Name: REACTIVE-STUDIOS.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS1.DYNXX.COM
Name Server: NS2.DYNXX.COM
Updated Date: 17-jan-2006
Creation Date: 17-jan-2006
Expiration Date: 17-jan-2007

I'm a fan of Penny-Arcade, and they just did a comic that pretty much nails these types of threads:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/01/25
;)

Still waiting to hear back from jeepxj86 on the domain he's had for 1-2 months, and it's amazing, all these people have domains for 1-2 months with this company...but the domain x9hosting.com was purchased: 2005-12-08 - and all these customers are new customers right, they're not from the old company that you sold? Or did you "sell" your "company" and then steal some clients away?

Exon said:
I'm a fan of Penny-Arcade, and they just did a comic that pretty much nails these types of threads:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/01/25
;)

Still waiting to hear back from jeepxj86 on the domain he's had for 1-2 months, and it's amazing, all these people have domains for 1-2 months with this company...but the domain x9hosting.com was purchased: 2005-12-08 - and all these customers are new customers right, they're not from the old company that you sold? Or did you "sell" your "company" and then steal some clients away?

Well maybe their math is the greatest, but it seems longer to me. Time flies when you are having fun. :) The domain for jeepxj86 is www.9212radio.com. The customer jeepxj86 is indeed a new customer and was not with the new company. On the other hand Slicer05 was an old customer from the old company that decided that we wanted to follow my service on his own.

I had many customers from the old company that I would support on MSN. Of course he was aware that i had sold the last company as I did announce the sale to all customers. So he contacted me and and wanted to know my new company and decided to transfer. I do not see that as stealing when they decide to transfer based on their own decision.

I don't intent to be rude here, but why don't you try and take this thread as it is meant to be. Some satisfied customers that are voicing their opinion. Why is you have to try and turn it into an attempt to bash a company just because they are new???? :disagree:

Last edited:
x9master said:
I don't intent to be rude here, but why don't you try and take this thread as it is meant to be. Some satisfied customers that are voicing their opinion. Why is you have to try and turn it into an attempt to bash a company just because they are new???? :disagree:
I realize it may seem that way, but it really isn't like that. The fact is that on far too many occasions, we see review threads that are suspect. Many times it's the web host himself pretending to be a happy customer. Many times it's a web host sending one of his customers to start a praise thread. In either of these cases, it is unacceptable, not to mention breaking forum rules. So it happens with such regularity, that we tend to want to scrutinize and verify.

For instance, I will admit that in my eyes, slicer05's post appears suspect. This thread was but a mere 6 hours old before slicer registers as a new member and makes his post. One has to logically wonder why/how he came to know of this thread. It looks like he was sent to post, and that is against forum rules.

So this is why we don't just accept threads at face value, no questions asked. We have no other choice, really...

Vito

I talk to Slicer alot on MSN and he came online yesterday and asked me how business was. I told him it was good and that one of our customers actually just placed a thread on HostingDiscussion. He wanted to know the link so he could check it out. Well on his own recognace he decided to add to the thread. So where is the wrong in that?

Well basically I have addressed the comments and I will leave the rest up to the customers to post their comments. I don't feel it will get anywhere to go back and forth on this. I have always viewed this forum as a respecitable one unlike another that I will keep nameless...cough...cough...WHT, lol. From past experiance I have always seen that honest members are treaded very will well on this forum. I hope this experiance will not change my view.

x9master said:
Well on his own recognace he decided to add to the thread. So where is the wrong in that?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. In fact, I do so often myself in threads about business of my associates and friends.

Take it as it is - just a verification process to check the validity of claims. If you look into the forum section's page more closely, you can easily find a few reviews that started of similarly, and then people were in fact caught cheating.

So this is what we almost have to do here sometimes - to make sure we are properly reflecting the - we are like those trained dogs that can sniff the BS from away. Its a routine. I am sure that you can understand given your experience in the industry.

Best,

Honest members are always treated very well on this forum. All you need to do is read through the many posts and this is evident.

On the other hand, dishonest hosts are also treated accordingly.

I'm curious about Slicer05. If he is customer from the "old" company why wouldn't he just transfer his old domain? Why would he need a new one?

Artashes said:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. In fact, I do so often myself in threads about business of my associates and friends.

Take it as it is - just a verification process to check the validity of claims. If you look into the forum section's page more closely, you can easily find a few reviews that started of similarly, and then people were in fact caught cheating.

So this is what we almost have to do here sometimes - to make sure we are properly reflecting the - we are like those trained dogs that can sniff the BS from away. Its a routine. I am sure that you can understand given your experience in the industry.

Best,

Artashes I do see where you are coming from. I have followed this forum for a long time, and as I may not post, I check the forum on a daily basis and read through the new posts. I understand that there are alot of BS posts. I would just not like this to be viewed as one of those and in the end it will be proven. Like they say good things happen to good people and vise versa.

Well, I guess it has not been that long, seemed like it. As for now (1/17/2006 - 2/3/2006) my statements about X9 Hosting remain the same, everything I have said has been the truth, except for the length of time I have been with the company. I will report back to this post later on with updates (when months have passed).

Blue:

- How Did I Come Across This Forum?
I was referred by a friend of mine that said he had found a great amount of information on these forums and that I should look into them before going with any particular web host.

- Why Did I Purchase A New Domain?
I did not feel the need to transfer domain names with X9, I am a very organized person and I like things well "in order" so to speak. I would rather drop a domain name that I was not happy with because of the name..."www.slicer-studios.com" (Note: it is expired.) than to hold on to the domain and transfer companies. I felt that the best way I could manage my time would be to have one website to visit for support on my hosting account rather then two. I also did not like the "slicer-studios" name, I felt that as a portfolio domain name it should be catchier and more "design based". That being said Reactive Studios is now my new home/portfolio. :)

Reactive Studios
www.reactive-studios.com

Ok, now I'm confused.

slicer05 said:
How Did I Come Across This Forum?
I was referred by a friend of mine that said he had found a great amount of information on these forums and that I should look into them before going with any particular web host.

x9master said:
I talk to Slicer alot on MSN and he came online yesterday and asked me how business was. I told him it was good and that one of our customers actually just placed a thread on HostingDiscussion. He wanted to know the link so he could check it out. Well on his own recognace he decided to add to the thread. So where is the wrong in that?

Did a friend refer you to the site or did x9master refer you to this thread?

I was referred to this thread by X9Master, but I have been here before, just had no need to register. When i first arrived I was not looking to contribute to this community in any way shape or form, just seeking information. On msn when i was linked to this post i thought i would register and share the expirence i have had with X9 hosting so far. :)

Reactive Studios
www.reactive-studios.com

Thank you all for your input.
Welcome to HD and good luck with your host and enjoy your stay here.

Blue said:
Thank you all for your input.
Welcome to HD and good luck with your host and enjoy your stay here.
OK, guys, it's official. Blue is one of our best and toughest investigators. Seemingly, you have earned his stamp of approval. If you have managed to do that, that's good 'nough for me.

Welcome to HD and enjoy!! :dance:

Vito

vito said:
OK, guys, it's official. Blue is one of our best and toughest investigators. Seemingly, you have earned his stamp of approval. If you have managed to do that, that's good 'nough for me.

Welcome to HD and enjoy!! :dance:

Vito

Boy oh boy I have to say this was one hell of a process, lol. I think i had an easier time buying a hand gun.... :thumbsup:

Well anyways it worked out for the best and I hope that many more customers will come to display their experiance with us down the road. Maybe these customers that posted can also post again further down the road when they have been with X9 longer and had more time to really test our services.