Yahooo-oo-who?

Will

What's going on with Yahoo today? The seem to be going on a full frontal deluge of forum crawling today! This forum and a few others all seem to be being crawled massively by the Yahoo spider. (40 hits within the last 15 minutes at time of writing this here.)

19th June 2007 - Yahoo decides to actually compete with other search engines!

I tend to think they're catching up to Google... I actually found 2 things on Yahoo this month that I couldn't find on Google! Finding 2 things on Yahoo is an acheivement in itself but finding them over Google... that's just plain weird!

Yahooo-oo-who is a good way of summing it up :) I barely see any thing from them except Slurp which seems to be on all the time. I might look in to optimising a little for yahoo and seeing if results can be increased.

MS and Yahoo supposidly were talking a while back about a merger to take on Google in the search area. It was mentioned on WSJ about 6 weeks ago. I havent heard anything since then.

I only know that MS and Yahoo! had interoperability agreement to connect users of their instant messaging services, but this was long time ago.