Your thoughts on .CO?

Surmounted.NET

What are your thoughts on the ccTLD .CO?

Its getting a lot of hype via GoDaddy and similar registars, hoping people will associate it with COmpany COrporation and COmmerce. Do you think it will be an alternative to the beloved .com?

I've thought about pre-registering a few things but decided against it right now.

Anyone here excited about the new domains, or just not that concerned at all?

I don't think that .co will be an alternative to com but for sites like .co.uk or similar. As it is shorter.

From an SEO standpoint, I think .co will be worthless, especially if it is low cost. Google tends to not rank low cost domains very well. :(

What are they priced at? Pre registration seems ~30$

Just did some checking and your right, the average cost for .co is going to be $25-35.

enom.com is going to have the lowest price (so far).

I just wonder how Google is going to treat this domain? The same priority as .com?

.co will be special for a while then it goes to dust like the other tv,mobi

Not that I'm disagreeing with you but let's face it, it has way more potential than the limited (in scope) .tv and the 4 letter ugly .mobi

.mob would have sold really well, imo. :smash:

Honestly, I just don't see any big change coming in the TLD game at the moment. I think that .com will still rule the kingdom.

I don't see .co seriously competing with .com.

I've noticed most new TLDs don't accomplish much at the end of the day. I mean, how many serious websites do you see using .tel, .mobi, .name, and so on? Those were also hyped by a lot of people when they were introduced.

The way I think of it, .com is the "holy grail" of TLDs. There is no way that Google will treat .co the same due to the fact that .com is so widely used.

For example, if you tell someone a domain, without an extension, they'll automatically think that the extension is a .com.

It's second nature.

The way I think of it, .com is the "holy grail" of TLDs. There is no way that Google will treat .co the same due to the fact that .com is so widely used.

For example, if you tell someone a domain, without an extension, they'll automatically think that the extension is a .com.

It's second nature.

Very good point about the second nature. I can see that people are used to .com like they are used to www before the name.