zonim.com - Your opinions?

sequencehosting

Hello everyone,

I just registered the following domain names:

zonim.com
zonim.co.uk

My aim is to find a short brandable name with .com and .co.uk available and so far zonim is the only one I have found that is also pronounceable. My aim with the domain has nothing to do with keywords but rather branding. I would like to create a brand from this domain much like "Google"

Also if anyone has any short, brandable and pronounceable domain names for sale please feel free to post them here as I am still looking.

Is the name worth more than the $10 I paid for it or is it a useless name worth nothing? Please be honest. I can take it don't worry :)

I apologise if this is in the wrong forum.

Thanks!
Jack

Try and think of how you might have derived zonim, perhaps as a combination of two words.

Google works as a name because it's simply a "branded" spelling of the word "googol," which means 10^100 (a very large number).

I'm not saying it's worthless, but I think you may need some more thought into exactly what it could mean.

What is going to be the purpose of the website ?

As far as the branding goes:
Personally I am not sure but somehow zonim doesn't sound like it would stick in my head.

Thanks guys.

I completely understand where you're coming from. I use live chat software called zopim and that's where I got the idea from. The name that I really wanted was staticfusion.com but it's already taken along with 99% of the names I have thought of over the last 2 days :(

Basically I offer web hosting services under the name Sequence Hosting. The problem is that I also want to offer web design and perhaps graphic design later on. I was going to register the domain sequencedesign.com but it is already taken by Apache! I'm doing quite well with Sequence Hosting with just under 100 paying customers but it bothers me that I am limited to just hosting with that domain and I can't create a brand. It feels like I am working hard without creating a brand. keywords are not important in the domain because web hosting and web design are already so saturated. Once again thank you very much!

Jack

I like it and it's an investment even if you don't end up using it. 5l.com's are in. Go post it at catchy.com if you don't love it anymore.

Btw, sending you a tip right now via pm.

I see your desire to go under a single brand. However, think about what you will be losing, SEO-wise, by letting SequenceHosting.com go. I would suggest to figure out a way to build your design business under zonim.com name and keep it as one of the business in your portfolio.

Thanks for all your tips guys. I have since decided to go with zomex.com as zonim is actually a name in some countries so it made it a no go. As for SEO having hosting in the name did help but I would rather go with a brandable name while working harder on SEO.

Thanks all,
Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikstrahost