My idea of a successful hosting business is not all about the prices.
I don't care about beating the competition out there by offering ridiculously cheap prices combined with an exuberant amount of data.
There's just far too much competition that by the time you become the "cheapest" you would have already gone bust. Then where do your customers go? People will trust you more if you manage to stay open.
No, the aspect I concentrate the most on is providing a quality of customer service that is high above that of most other companies. There are a lot of companies out there you see who aren't online a lot of the time, who take ages to respond to support tickets, and some even who are relentlessly unhelpful. There are others who simply don't care.
I believe that the key to success is making your customers happy.
They will be happy if they know that they have your constant support.
Here's some tips of how you can provide them with this (you probably already know this, but if you don't...then read and understand this).
1. Try to be online as much as you can.
2. Offer a live chat service (LiveZilla is good...and it's free).
3. Respond to support tickets within 24 hours (however try to respond within the hour, or at least within a few hours, if you can).
4. Always be the helpful guy. Answer their questions constructively not just submissively (i.e. explain the solution to them and how they can go about solving their problem, rather than just giving them a link or a screenshot to some FAQ resource and expecting them to figure it out).
5. And if you know that something needs to be sorted, say you haven't set up a service for them yet (and they've already paid for it), make sure you contact them with updates on the progress, even if they don't contact you. Only contact them if there's a reason to do so, though...never spam them! Only help them, if they wish to be helped.
6. Once their problems solved, don't end it there. Ask them if there's anything else you can help them with before closing the ticket. They will respect you for that, I can guarantee you.
I hope that helps. Please post below if you have any more questions. I will aim to get back to you within 24 hours.