Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



FORUM SUPPORTERS:

Reply


Old
  Post #1 (permalink)   03-13-2017, 03:20 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3

Status: VrishaliNair is offline
Anybody is facing issues with outsourced services?
 
 
 


Old
  Post #2 (permalink)   03-13-2017, 03:40 AM
HD Community Advisor
 
ughosting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London
Posts: 698

Status: ughosting is offline
Why do you ask? Are you having problems?
__________________
Cloud Consultants
 
 
 


Old
  Post #3 (permalink)   03-13-2017, 12:10 PM
HD Community Advisor
 
SenseiSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 5,165

Status: SenseiSteve is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by ughosting View Post
Why do you ask? Are you having problems?
I suspect he's asking because those are the type of services he offers. The answer is no, we're not experimenting any issues at this time. What types of issues do you see most often?
__________________
Infusing Markets LLC Website Development Agency (314) 643-8271
Take Over Maintenance and New Site Creation
Specializing in WordPress | 23 Years of Hosting and Development Experience
 
 
 


Old
  Post #4 (permalink)   03-13-2017, 03:25 PM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 310

Status: bigredseo is online now
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseiSteve View Post
I suspect he's asking because those are the type of services he offers. The answer is no, we're not experimenting any issues at this time. What types of issues do you see most often?
Nailed It!
__________________
Conor Treacy
Big Red SEO - SEO, Web Design, PPC Management & Training
ConorTreacy.com <- That's Me! ;)
 
 
 


Old
  Post #5 (permalink)   03-13-2017, 05:37 PM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 52

Status: HostaPolis is offline
Can't say I am. If you are looking to actually help people out it is probably a good idea to go where you know your services will be needed. Most people on here, I would imagine, find their own solutions.
__________________
HostaPolis | Awesome & Affordable hosting plans with 24/7/365 Support!
 
 
 


Old
  Post #6 (permalink)   03-13-2017, 11:39 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 3

Status: VrishaliNair is offline
Thanks everybody for your replies. I think I should have explain it bit more while questioning. Yes we are providing various services. But we always aim to improve our services. Such comments and replies from people help us to understand where we can grow!

If you are happy with your service provider that's really good...

Thanks again for your replies.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #7 (permalink)   06-09-2017, 12:46 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 21

Status: JoshSupport is offline
I won't mention names but one of the biggest problems I encounter in the outsourced industry is low quality firms. That's aint a secret, there are too many small low quality companies and those offering horrible service (communication, English, solving issues (not solving), instability of other kind..). And sadly, those companies creates a more general, more global concern among the customers (companies). Lately I had a call with EU based customer, he wanted to hire a dev / Linux expert and he told me "Tried 15 outsourced companies and all failed to deliver", now those 15 companies created for that customer an impression that he no longer willing to outsource at all, he simply fears that same would happen with every single outsourcing company and that hurts those companies that actually provide a high quality service and in fact, there are great companies, wonderful teams and amazing talented people out there.

To avoid the same painful ride as this client from EU went through, don't hire outsourced support service before you do at AT LEAST the following:
1. Speak to the company manager (voice is better) to get a good feeling of the company standards and communication approach.
2. Speak (voice and text) to the individual/s that the manager willing to assign on your project, demand reading their CVs as well before you making the voice call with them.
3. K.Y.E. (Know your employee), after you confident with the skill set, communication and approach of your potential team you are about to hire, only then - give them a test task / simulation and following their success you will give them the initial GO.

Some may say "too much hassle, too much time...I want hire quick...I need them ASAP" well - remember, if you will hire people you don't trust and dont know for even a bit, those people may cause to you much more hassle later during a real project of a real customer of yours and then you will have to spend much more time in getting the mess cleaned and looking for quality hires (again).

Hope my few tips would help you guys in finding the right outsourced team!
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to JoshSupport For This Useful Post:
Artashes (06-09-2017)


Old
  Post #8 (permalink)   09-15-2017, 01:09 PM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 152

Status: rebelnet is offline
I found its better to hire the people yourself and pay them more than they would get at some of these firms. the biggest problem with some of these support firms is turn over. So you have a dedicated decent staff helping your clients and then they are gone, so a new guys comes on board and starts over. if you can try to get a dedicated staff (even offshore or remote, etc) and pay them properly it works out better than going through all these support firms.

i should also state, not all are bad, there are some good ones, and they typically charge a bit more.
__________________
REBEL NETWORKS
Geek Powered Hosting - The Cloud Made Simple
SuperHero 24 |7 | 365 Support
Please Visit us @ www.rebelnetworks.com
 
 
 


Old
  Post #9 (permalink)   05-11-2019, 02:51 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14

Status: dvduval is offline
I think just like when you're hiring someone who is local, you may go through a few people before you find a really good one. There are some who just randomly outsourced to whoever they can be fine, but the results are not very good. So it is important that there is some process for finding quality people. Then you can have a very good experience with Outsourcing.
__________________
PHP Link Directory
 
 
 


Old
  Post #10 (permalink)   05-21-2019, 12:22 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 43

Status: netedgetech is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshSupport View Post
I won't mention names but one of the biggest problems I encounter in the outsourced industry is low quality firms. That's aint a secret, there are too many small low quality companies and those offering horrible service (communication, English, solving issues (not solving), instability of other kind..). And sadly, those companies creates a more general, more global concern among the customers (companies). Lately I had a call with EU based customer, he wanted to hire a dev / Linux expert and he told me "Tried 15 outsourced companies and all failed to deliver", now those 15 companies created for that customer an impression that he no longer willing to outsource at all, he simply fears that same would happen with every single outsourcing company and that hurts those companies that actually provide a high quality service and in fact, there are great companies, wonderful teams and amazing talented people out there.

To avoid the same painful ride as this client from EU went through, don't hire outsourced support service before you do at AT LEAST the following:
1. Speak to the company manager (voice is better) to get a good feeling of the company standards and communication approach.
2. Speak (voice and text) to the individual/s that the manager willing to assign on your project, demand reading their CVs as well before you making the voice call with them.
3. K.Y.E. (Know your employee), after you confident with the skill set, communication and approach of your potential team you are about to hire, only then - give them a test task / simulation and following their success you will give them the initial GO.

Some may say "too much hassle, too much time...I want hire quick...I need them ASAP" well - remember, if you will hire people you don't trust and dont know for even a bit, those people may cause to you much more hassle later during a real project of a real customer of yours and then you will have to spend much more time in getting the mess cleaned and looking for quality hires (again).

Hope my few tips would help you guys in finding the right outsourced team!
That's because people are looking for cheap service. If you pay reasonable price you will get better service.
__________________
Thanks,
Netedge Technology 24x7 webhosting support, Monthly server management, Dedicated support, Software Development.
Nelichso Live chat support software
 
 
 
The Following User Says Thank You to netedgetech For This Useful Post:
SS-Maddy (06-27-2019)


Old
  Post #11 (permalink)   05-22-2019, 08:52 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 81

Status: qtechservers is offline
Wondering if outsourcing is still being used? Any one around here with recent experience?
 
 
 


Old
  Post #12 (permalink)   05-23-2019, 08:11 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: India
Posts: 56
Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Maddy

Status: SS-Maddy is offline
@qtechservers Outsourcing is still being used and that's why we are still in business But from just web hosting support, many are moving towards devops and starts offering managed services for big three like AWS, Azure and GCP.
__________________
SupportSages.com - Bytes of Wisdom @ Work - Where guarantees and promises are made to keep!
Webhosts, improve your response times - We offer 24/7 Support with 15 mins response time
 
 
 


Old
  Post #13 (permalink)   06-12-2019, 11:53 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 33

Status: casthost is offline
Issues I have had in the past when trying to outsource my support was the quality of service they provided. For the most part they knew nothing about my products and for the most part did nothing but greet customers then refer them to me when they asked any questions.
I found that hiring your own dedicated staff is a much better solution.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #14 (permalink)   06-13-2019, 03:15 AM
HD Amateur
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 81

Status: qtechservers is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by casthost View Post
Issues I have had in the past when trying to outsource my support was the quality of service they provided. For the most part they knew nothing about my products and for the most part did nothing but greet customers then refer them to me when they asked any questions.
I found that hiring your own dedicated staff is a much better solution.
I assume they must be charging quite a lot for the basic service? I always see a risk in providing the sensitive data.

Last edited by qtechservers : 06-13-2019 at 03:24 AM.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #15 (permalink)   07-03-2019, 11:19 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 26

Status: spinservers is offline
I think that would depend on what outsourcing company you work with. I would recommend researching reviews about the respective company, how long they've been in business, etc prior to signing up.
__________________
Spin Servers - Spin Servers Up On-Demand
Instantly Deployed Dual Xeon Dedicated Servers Are Here!
Make an offer, we're flexible. E-Mail: sales[@]spinservers.com
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: