Get Paid to Participate - up to $1 per post!     Twitter     Facebook
Hosting Discussion
 

forgot password?



FORUM SUPPORTERS:

Reply


Old
  Post #1 (permalink)   02-28-2019, 09:08 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,598
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Hi all
I recently migrated all my sites to a VPS.

4 of the websites are displaying HTTP ERROR 500 notices.

I have checked permissions and they are all the same as those sites that are working fine.
I googled this and followed a few solutions, but non are working.

The server is unmanaged, so if needed i may have to ask provider to do the work at a cost.
I have looked at some companies online and a lot are asking daft prices and want you to sign for monthly plans
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #2 (permalink)   02-28-2019, 10:32 AM
HD Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 354
Send a message via AIM to energizedit Send a message via Skype™ to energizedit

Status: energizedit is offline
First check your php versions and make sure they are the same on both servers. Then check your php.ini .htaccess and .user.ini files to make sure nothing is causing an error.

What do the logs say is happening when you try to load the site?
__________________
Energized I.T. Cpanel Hosting
A full service web company
Shared/Reseller Hosting | Website Building | Domain Names
 
 
 


Old
  Post #3 (permalink)   02-28-2019, 11:14 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,598
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by energizedit View Post
First check your php versions and make sure they are the same on both servers. Then check your php.ini .htaccess and .user.ini files to make sure nothing is causing an error.

What do the logs say is happening when you try to load the site?
old server (reseller plan) is

Quote:
cPanel Version 78.0 (build 13)
Apache Version 2.4.38
PHP Version 7.1.26
MySQL Version 10.0.38-MariaDB
new server is

Quote:
cPanel Version 78.0 (build 13)
Apache Version 2.4.38
PHP Version 7.2.15
MySQL Version 10.3.13-MariaDB
which is all the same as all the sites

the only error listed in frontend/paper_lantern/stats/errlog.html is

Quote:
[Mon Feb 25 02:14:15.807635 2019] [access_compat:error] [pid 24909] [client 64.31.33.14:51190] AH01797: client denied by server configuration: /home/*******/public_html/admin/index.php
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #4 (permalink)   02-28-2019, 12:09 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 10,128

Status: Artashes is offline
Terry, just to confirm, as I wasn't very clear from your original post, are you looking for tech help resolving the error, or are you actually looking for a new hosting provider?
 
 
 


Old
  Post #5 (permalink)   02-28-2019, 12:19 PM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,598
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artashes View Post
Terry, just to confirm, as I wasn't very clear from your original post, are you looking for tech help resolving the error, or are you actually looking for a new hosting provider?
tech help to try and resolve this issue. I have checked everything and cant find anything wrong.
i bet it is something simple that i have missed somewhere.
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #6 (permalink)   02-28-2019, 12:29 PM
HD Management Staff
 
Artashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 10,128

Status: Artashes is offline
Thanks for clearing it, I've moved this to the appropriate forum.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #7 (permalink)   02-28-2019, 03:38 PM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 5

Status: Internoc24 is offline
have you checked the webservers log files? maybe the deliver more information why error 500 comes.

have you checked this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-configuration

Last edited by Internoc24 : 02-28-2019 at 03:40 PM.
 
 
 


Old
  Post #8 (permalink)   02-28-2019, 08:08 PM
HD Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sheffield, UK.
Posts: 589

Status: HostOX is offline
What about the error_log inside the websites public_html? What is the control panel and setup?

Most likely a PHP module missing or needs a different version, could also be database connection issues.

Do feel free to email me a login and I will gladly help take a look and fix if you really struggle!
__________________
HostOX | Hosting Built on Consistency, reliability and strength.
VapeOx - Eat, Sleep, Vape, Repeat!
 
 
 


Old
  Post #9 (permalink)   03-01-2019, 11:46 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,598
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internoc24 View Post
have you checked the webservers log files? maybe the deliver more information why error 500 comes.

have you checked this:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-configuration
yes followed several of their solutions
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #10 (permalink)   03-01-2019, 11:53 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,598
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by HostOX View Post
What about the error_log inside the websites public_html? What is the control panel and setup?

Most likely a PHP module missing or needs a different version, could also be database connection issues.

Do feel free to email me a login and I will gladly help take a look and fix if you really struggle!
i am using cpanel and the sites have been like this since migration and PHP etc. are all the same versions

this is what the sites error log shows

Quote:
[26-Feb-2019 21:01:32 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /home/******/public_html/core/init.php:21
Stack trace:
#0 /home/******/public_html/index.php(53): require_once()
#1 {main}
thrown in /home/******/public_html/core/init.php on line 21
[28-Feb-2019 17:20:53 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /home/******/public_html/core/init.php:21
Stack trace:
#0 /home/******/public_html/index.php(53): require_once()
#1 {main}
thrown in /home/******/public_html/core/init.php on line 21
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #11 (permalink)   03-02-2019, 09:24 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 24

Status: Tomt307 is offline
What type of website is it?

Does it require special url rewrites or .htacess requirements or a database?
 
 
 


Old
  Post #12 (permalink)   03-02-2019, 10:43 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,598
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomt307 View Post
What type of website is it?

Does it require special url rewrites or .htacess requirements or a database?
1 is an opencart site
1 is an AbanteCart site
2 are just sites with a holding page
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 


Old
  Post #13 (permalink)   Yesterday, 04:40 AM
HD Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 13

Status: netedgetech is offline
Hi Terry,

If its cpanel to cpanel it should work. Try moving website again.
If it doesn't work. Please contact info@netedgetechnology.net. We will help you with the same.
__________________
Thanks,
Netedge Technology 24x7 webhosting support, Monthly server management, Dedicated support, Software Development.
Nelichso Live chat support software
 
 
 


Old
  Post #14 (permalink)   Yesterday, 06:10 AM
HD Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Posts: 246

Status: bigredseo is offline
Hey Terry,

From the error, it's pointing at mbstring not being enabled or being able to access. Can you verify that this is enabled in your php.ini file for the server. Also, while you're at it, see if you have any custom php.ini file in your site files that might be different than the server configuration.

Load up a phpinfo file, doublecheck for the mbstring being enabled. It's more than likely that your old server's Apache Compile is different than the new one.
__________________
Conor Treacy
Big Red SEO - Omaha, NE
ConorTreacy.com <- That's Me! ;)
 
 
 


Old
  Post #15 (permalink)   Yesterday, 11:35 AM
HD Wizard
 
easyhostmedia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 5,598
Send a message via MSN to easyhostmedia

Status: easyhostmedia is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredseo View Post
Hey Terry,

From the error, it's pointing at mbstring not being enabled or being able to access. Can you verify that this is enabled in your php.ini file for the server. Also, while you're at it, see if you have any custom php.ini file in your site files that might be different than the server configuration.

Load up a phpinfo file, doublecheck for the mbstring being enabled. It's more than likely that your old server's Apache Compile is different than the new one.
Hi Conor
Got it sorted.

The 4 affected site were configured and worked using php. 7.2 on the previous server.
The new server was compiled to use PHP 7.2, but for some reason these 4 site will work with PHP7.0 but not with 7.1 or 7.2.
the techs who sorted it blamed 'the depreciation and removal of mcrypt as an extension in PHP 7.2.'
__________________
Terry Robertson - CEO The Easyhost Media Group
PowerSSL - - We Secure your World
The Scamlist Forum - Fighting against scammers
 
 
 
Reply
Previous Thread Next Thread


Thread Tools

New Post New Post   Old Post Old Post
Posting Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Sponsored By: