1st on Google but Hard Topic to Convert

Zagor

I got a site that is 1st on Google for a nice keyword but clicks are weak and affiliate sales are almost impossible since it's a medical surgery topic and there is really nothing to sell. I think the only solution is to scout for doctors and clinics and offer them banner ad space. How would you scout for such clients and what would you do with this site in the first place to juice money out of it?

Selling banner ad space for a site that gets little traffic is going to be difficult. You might try to diversify your site by adding some auto blogs relevant to medical surgery and match those to affiliate links.

I didn't say that traffic is bad. I said that clicks are pretty bad for 1st place on Google and there are no affiliates for this topic. As I said, the site can't get any higher than 1st place for the keyword I want so I need a creative idea.

My mistake concerning traffic - still, it couldn't hurt to broaden the scope of your site to include topics that do attract more clicks.

I thought that too but the topic is pretty specialized and any broadening wouldn't make much sense to people who are searching for that information. I guess I need to dig something original for this site.

If you've already cornered the market on the niche, and you're not able to monotize those clicks, then it's time to contact some of the sites on page 2 and 3 of google, see if you can sell them space or links to help boost their page positions.

If you've already cornered the market on the niche, and you're not able to monotize those clicks, then it's time to contact some of the sites on page 2 and 3 of google, see if you can sell them space or links to help boost their page positions.

I already did that but those sites are not responsive at all. It is very hard niche to achieve ranking and even tougher to find a way to make money with it. But you can't know that before you rank high. I won't give up, that's for sure.

If your website really gets nice daily traffic as you mentioned, you can monetize it by placing CPM ads. I think Tribalfusion is a good option. You can join the CPM ad company if your website gets at least 200 unique visitors daily.

I got a site that is 1st on Google for a nice keyword but clicks are weak and affiliate sales are almost impossible since it's a medical surgery topic and there is really nothing to sell. I think the only solution is to scout for doctors and clinics and offer them banner ad space. How would you scout for such clients and what would you do with this site in the first place to juice money out of it?

You should try out google adwords CPM campaign, will surely give you some cheap traffic and probably click throughs. Try getting some traffic and then going for selling your ad space.

Best of luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
netcrohosting