2checkout cockup

easyhostmedia

Last weeks 2checkout sent out one of their many newsletters,. but decided to place all their customers emails address in the cc block rather than the bcc block.
so now all their customers have the emails of all their other customers and guess what this has lead too. Yes SPAM SPAM and more SPAM.

2co could not really care less about this apart from saying they will look into this and anyone sending spam will be dealt with as its against their policy.
Strange that as them disclosing everyones email addresses is a breach of the Data Protection Act, which the ICO are looking into this as a serious breach

This is a really big mistake from 2CO end. In any event, it should not reveal their customers email addresses to their other clients.

This could be a big problem and can cause some users to be outraged. Anyone have any news on what happened?

nope, all i got was they are putting procedures in place to stop it happening again.

i did speak to the ICO (Information Commissioner) about a breach of Data Protection Act.
they had several reports about this and have wrote to 2co with a final warning that if anything like this happens again they will revoke the DPA licence, which would actually mean that 2co would then be no longer legally allowed to hold any personal details on a computer or manually files

nope, all i got was they are putting procedures in place to stop it happening again.

i did speak to the ICO (Information Commissioner) about a breach of Data Protection Act.
they had several reports about this and have wrote to 2co with a final warning that if anything like this happens again they will revoke the DPA licence, which would actually mean that 2co would then be no longer legally allowed to hold any personal details on a computer or manually files

That's pretty crazy to hear. Is this the 2nd time that this happened?

I didn't enjoy working with them when we did several years ago, to be honest.

It would have been more helpful for the community to learn why you didn't enjoy working with them. What has specifically happened that disappointed you?

It would have been more helpful for the community to learn why you didn't enjoy working with them. What has specifically happened that disappointed you?

One thing was the fee schedule, totaling 5-6% all told, I believe. Another small complaint is that settlements came weekly, where other services settle daily/overnight. (It's possible they have begun doing that now.)

One thing was the fee schedule, totaling 5-6% all told, I believe. Another small complaint is that settlements came weekly, where other services settle daily/overnight. (It's possible they have begun doing that now.)

what you mention here the fees and settlement, you would have been aware of these before signing up, so if you did not like them, then you did not need to sign up with them, no good signing up and then complain about the fees

its really dispoitioing to see big company makes mistake like newbies companies

regardless if they are an established 100 year old company or a 3 month old newbie company, you have trusted them with your details and not for them to pass these onto anyone. In the UK this is covered by The Data Protection Act, which any company that holds details on a computer or manual file MUST register with then for a min fee of £35 a year.

It any company no matter how old or big then are discloses my details they get treat the same in that i will disassociate myself for the company and then pass all the details to the authorities