2Checkout.Com

Fastian

Hi guys

After digging through a lot, I have come to 2Checkout.Com as my only choice of accepting CC online. Being in a third world country like Pakistan, sometimes it’s really hard to get things done easily.

I want to know few things so if anyone here has a good experience with 2CO please help me in this. Let me put this in question wise.

1) How much time 2CO take to confirm the payment? (i.e. if someone paid using CC, after how much time I can confirm that the payment is successfully received by 2CO )
2) How can I use “Money Back Guarantee” with them? (i.e. if I want to offer 30 days money back guarantee to users, how I will be able to pay them back using 2CO)
3) I heard that they do “Verification by Call” to see that the goods/service has been delivered/done by the seller. Doesn’t that look odd to the clients?
4) If there is anything bad about them that you want to point out, please tell me.

Well, If you put some details in your reply, that will be a great help.

I haven't starting using 2CO yet. This is an add-on we plan on introducing to our customers in the future. I haven't heard anything negative about them so far. I have spoken to a few friends about this as well, in helping me with making my decision as to whether to use them or not. I use WHMCS and it supports 2CO, so that makes it even better. I know it other software is know to support 2CO as well, hopefully, you get the advice you are looking for. Wish I could help some more.

I used 2CO and had some good and some bad experiences with them, but they got the job done atleast.

1. When I used them sometimes it took a couple of days before I got any message sayign that the order had passed inspection, but if you use a good fraud gate you can be pretty sure that its a good sale, unless the buyer just paid for a year of hosting without ever asking a question!

2. There is an option in the control panel at 2CO that enables you to refund the purchase, so that isnt a problem at all.

3. None of my clients were ever called, but 2CO does cliam to do it on a random basis. I dont think it looks bad to the client. If anything it looks more professional, but thats just my opnion.

4. I called them once, I was pretty angry about a charge or a bad payment, or something, can't remember the exact nature of the call. But, I was told by the person I was speaking with at 2CO that, and I quote, "We have so many clients we can't keep track of each and every one of them!". Didn't sit real well with me.

Ok. Perhaps a late reply to this thread (Seems that I m not going to get any more reply for my original post)

One more question:
5) If you use 2CO, or even if you use any other payment gateway, Do you wait for the confirmation of the payment before setting up the customers account ???
And if you do, what if its taking more time that you can afford?

I would wait for confirmation that payment has been received.
A-a-ah. Patience is a virtue. :)

I have absolutely no problem. And personally I would like to wait as well
But not sure how much patience users will show

Fastian said:
Hi guys

After digging through a lot, I have come to 2Checkout.Com as my only choice of accepting CC online. Being in a third world country like Pakistan, sometimes it’s really hard to get things done easily.

I want to know few things so if anyone here has a good experience with 2CO please help me in this. Let me put this in question wise.

1) How much time 2CO take to confirm the payment? (i.e. if someone paid using CC, after how much time I can confirm that the payment is successfully received by 2CO )
2) How can I use “Money Back Guarantee” with them? (i.e. if I want to offer 30 days money back guarantee to users, how I will be able to pay them back using 2CO)
3) I heard that they do “Verification by Call” to see that the goods/service has been delivered/done by the seller. Doesn’t that look odd to the clients?
4) If there is anything bad about them that you want to point out, please tell me.

Well, If you put some details in your reply, that will be a great help.
Well, we are using 2checkout for the last 2 years and they are sending us our money to Pakistani bank account very easily.

1- they take 24-48 hours to confirm the payment and sends you an email of passed and failed orders.

2- You can offer money back guarantee and if your customer wants, he/she can directly cancel the payment by asking 2checkout or you can issue refund on the sale/order from you 2CO account.

3- Well, we use them for hosting and development payments and no customers have told us that this is odd for them being verified by 2CO. this is just for verification and safety/security for customers.

4- In the last two years, nothing is bad heard about them... :)

Regards
Ali

We have used 2CO for4 years with our former hosting business, and just recently, as you know, have been able to set it up for avidInteractive.

2Checkout is a great service in my opinion.

As stated it can take up to 48 hours to verify a payment. However, this is something you should tell your customers up front, that if they wish to choose that method of payment, it can take 48 hours.

Now, as far as refunds....2CO has a refund option available. Keep in mind however, that they typically send you your payments every 15 days. This means that a 30 day money back guarantee can easily have your accounting team launching extremely heavy and extremely hard paperweights at you.

We found that the best method was to drop our refund policy to 14 days. This means that their money will still be in the 2CO process, and can be refunded without further issues. Once it has been sent to you, your 2CO balance is set back at $0, and a refund then, will cause you to go into a negative balance. This then means that any sale you accumulate after that, and until you reach a $0 balance again, won't count torwards your incoming revenue.

ANMMark said:
Now, as far as refunds....2CO has a refund option available. Keep in mind however, that they typically send you your payments every 15 days. This means that a 30 day money back guarantee can easily have your accounting team launching extremely heavy and extremely hard paperweights at you.

Well, they have changed their widthdrawal policy and now they send funds every thursday if the users' release level exceeds. But I think, offering 14 days money back guarantee is worth because when a customer pays, it takes upto 48 hours to verify and the money comes in your 2CO account within 4-6 days, mostly you will have the money in your 2CO account next following week of the payment.

Regards
Ali

My company uses 2checkout, but it's not ideal. It does not support recurring passbacks, and they refuse to actually integrate something so simple into their system.

The fees are much higher than an average merchant account as well.

2checkout seems good if you are not pushing alot of volume. if you have tons of sales there are definitely better options, at least for US residents. which isn't the case here, obviously.

We used to use 2checkout, had a bunch of problems when they switched their account types and havnt used them since. May look at adding them back at soe point.

2checkout

Ans: It can confirm you same time, But some transaction take time of pending confirmation to add credit.

Ans: When you login 2co login panel, you have option their for Return

Faiz Khan

Ans: It can confirm you same time, But some transaction take time of pending confirmation to add credit.

I had a backup server with a company that used 2CO as a payment processor and it was always 10 to 15 minutes after i made the payment that the invoice would show paid and i would get the confirmation of payment.

I also used to have 2CO as a payment option for my clients and it was the same for my clients who paid through 2CO