2Checkout No longer serving Webhosts

easyhostmedia

It now seems 2Checkout will no longer provide their services to webhosts. they are sending this to their webhost clients

By 2checkout

Hello,

We have an important message to share about the newest banking regulations and requirements which will affect your business. Due to the latest VISA and MasterCard protocols, we are no longer supporting cyberlocker service businesses. As a result, your 2Checkout account will be closed on September 15, 2015. We regret we are unable to meet your business’s needs.

Any remaining funds in your account will be paid out in 90 days after your most recent sale. Should you have any questions regarding your account, please contact sellersupport@2co.com or 1 877-294-0273.

To help you avoid disruption to your business, we can recommend contacting AlliedWallet, a provider that works with cyberlocker service businesses. Visit their website to apply.

Again, we regret we are unable to support your business. We wish you and your business the very best.

Regards,

2Checkout Seller Support SellerSupport@2co.com + 1 614 921 2450 Toll Free: 1 877-294-0273

this is what a cyberlocker service business is

A file hosting service, cloud storage service, online file storage provider, or cyberlocker is an Internet hosting service specifically designed to host user files. It allows users to upload files that could then be accessed over the internet from a different computer, tablet, smart phone or other networked device, by the same user or possibly by other users, after a password or other authentication is provided. Typically, the services allow HTTP access, and sometimes FTP access. Related services are content-displaying hosting services (i.e. video and image), virtual storage, and remote backup.

Wow, big news. This has the potential to affect thousands of web hosting providers.

Wow, big news. This has the potential to affect thousands of web hosting providers.

it has that, worse is WHMCS offers a partner deal with them. I still have a 2co account even though i have not used them in a while as i dont like their method of it you dont use in in a 4 month period they drop your account to a buyer account, so you cant sell through them until you get them to reinstate it. so in a way they are forcing you to get you clients to use them

I have never been a fan of 2Checkout. We use Authorize.net which also integrates with WHMCS and have never had a issue!

what gets me is this

Due to the latest VISA and MasterCard protocols
so if that's the case then web hosts will not be able to accept card payments through any provider

Last edited:
First I've heard of this. We use 2CO as well, but have not received this notice.. I wonder if this applies to US companies as well. :confused:

No. This is not web host, this is file sharing host like mediafire, megaupload type website.
They are yet available for web hosting company.
They are only disallow file sharing type hosting company's :)

No. This is not web host, this is file sharing host like mediafire, megaupload type website.
They are yet available for web hosting company.
They are only disallow file sharing type hosting company's :)

It is web hosting, they have no way of knowing if you are hosting normal sites or cyberlocking services, so they are not willing to provide services to the web hosting business.

I phoned them regarding this

It is web hosting, they have no way of knowing if you are hosting normal sites or cyberlocking services, so they are not willing to provide services to the web hosting business.

I phoned them regarding this

Yep and if it wasn't then why are some hosting companies on WHT getting the email, but before it was anything they could find.

My account was closed for 1 refund, which I refunded to a client.

This thread is a familiar song sung by the same characters. Here is what I found

According to their twitter account: "We continue to support hosting service providers, we no longer support cyberlockers, or file sharing services."

That's what happens when you rely on a customer service rep that doesn't know the difference......again!

This thread is a familiar song sung by the same characters. Here is what I found

According to their twitter account: "We continue to support hosting service providers, we no longer support cyberlockers, or file sharing services."

That's what happens when you rely on a customer service rep that doesn't know the difference......again!

The issue there is they say one thing and do another… they can say all they want on social networks but what happens behind the doors is another story.

I think they still provide service to web hosting companies, but we stopped using them about 2 years ago. They weren't funding us properly and they were constantly claiming we need to pay additional signup fees. I think they are very unorganized there.

so what you are saying is we should not believe what a company says or its employees say, but believe what other say on forums etc.

How do 2co know if you are hosting normal sites or cyberlocking services.

I would rather believe what a company says rather than know it alls on public forums.

I have spoken to 3 different people from 2co and got the same information.

so what you are saying is we should not believe what a company says or its employees say, but believe what other say on forums etc.

That was a direct quote from 2checkout, in writing. I attached screen shot from twitter feed. And guess what? Its just as the letter says. What more do you want? Stop arguing

If the person you are speaking with does not know the difference between file hosting and web hosting just ask for a review.

Attachments

• twitter.jpg
    twitter.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
If the person you are speaking with does not know the difference between file hosting and web hosting just ask for a review.

but 2co is ONLY A PAYMENT PROCESSOR, they have no idea what services you are hosting, all they know is your business is hosting. So 2co staff have no reason to know the difference between file and web hosting as their job is just a 3rd party payment processor.

I spoke to more than 1 person at 2co and all gave the same info. i also spoke to my contact at Visa and this has nothing to do with them as 2co state in the email

it has that, worse is WHMCS offers a partner deal with them. I still have a 2co account even though i have not used them in a while as i dont like their method of it you dont use in in a 4 month period they drop your account to a buyer account, so you cant sell through them until you get them to reinstate it. so in a way they are forcing you to get you clients to use them

Maybe because you've not use it in a while ?

Maybe because you've not use it in a while ?
I was using on a regular, but the clients that were paying through this decided to use a different method, when they first changed my account after 4 months i queried the change as was told why in a ticket with them.

Looks like payment processors are getting tougher with high risk businesses. Just got this from cashflows
Increase to your Dispute Fees
Dear Customer,

From the 1st of October 2015 the Card Schemes are significantly increasing their dispute fees and have implemented an additional "High Risk Warning" surcharge. Due to these scheme changes we have reviewed our dispute charging structure and the following changes will apply to your Merchant Account from the 1st of October 2015.

Separation of dispute fees
Currently we charge the same dispute fee on the first instance of a Chargeback or a "High Risk Warning".

Due to the increase in the dispute fees we have decided that it would be fairer to separate out the fees to prevent the "High Risk Warning" fee increasing at the same time, by the same value.

As such, from the 1st of October 2015 separate fees will be charged on each instance of a Chargeback, Copy Request and "High Risk Warning".

Changes to your pricing plan
From the 1st of October 2015 your dispute fees will increase as shown in the table below:

Currency Chargeback & Copy Request Fees High Risk Warning Fee
EUR Current Fee plus 7.00 EUR 15.00 EUR
GBP Current Fee plus 5.00 GBP 10.00 GBP
USD Current Fee plus 8.00 USD 20.00 USD
CHF Current Fee plus 8.00 CHF 17.50 CHF
NOK Current Fee plus 70.00 NOK 130.00 NOK
DKK Current Fee plus 55.00 DKK 110.00 DKK
SEK Current Fee plus 700.00 SEK 150.00 SEK
JPY Current Fee plus 1000 JPY 2,000 JPY
AUD Current Fee plus 12.00 AUD 25.00 AUD
CAD Current Fee plus 12.00 CAD 20.00 CAD
HKD Current Fee plus 65.00 HKD 125.00 HKD
NZD Current Fee plus 12.50 NZD 25.00 NZD
ZAR Current Fee plus 110.00 ZAR 200.00 ZAR
SGD Current Fee plus 12.00 SGD 25.00 SGD

To reduce the impact of these pricing changes, we have provided a range of support material including tips and procedures to help reduce fraud and the number of copy requests and chargebacks you may receive, available at: http://www.cashflows.com/support/fraud

Yours sincerely;

Customer Service Team
CashFlows
http://www.cashflows.com