2CO - same experience anyone?

petri

Hello all.

I just wanted to write what happened with 2CO and us.
We signed up with their account because everywhere you can read how good and fast is their fraud detection.

We were really happy of their customer service and indeed fraud detection. It usually only took minutes to few hours to receive an email from them that told if the payment passed or not.

We continued with them and recommended their services to everyone. Then after few months our withdrawal limit was reached and we were waiting for deposit to our bank account, but it never came.

Suddenly we received an email that told: 'An internal investigation has determined that every order on this account was fraudulent. While we are not accusing you of any wrong doing, we can no longer support an account that requires constant monitoring. The account has been closed and the sign up fee will go towards the fees associated with refunded orders.'

It is pretty hard to believe that ALL (tens of) orders made through our website that 2CO already marked as PASSED and even DEPOSITED and told us to send the items to customers.

Well I can't complain because they are not taking any responsibility of what happened. We lost alot of money because of them. And I am just wondering does anyone else have had the same experience with them?

Never used 2CO other than as a purchaser, but this doesn't ring right. This phrase, in particular, doesn't make any sense to me -
Well I can't complain because they are not taking any responsibility of what happened.

Never used 2CO other than as a purchaser, but this doesn't ring right. This phrase, in particular, doesn't make any sense to me -

I don't know what you mean by that, but even their policy states that it is mandatory for vendors to ship the product before receiving payment from 2CO. So if 2CO is asking to ship products based on their review and they will not release the money before the product is shipped, it should be their responsibility to refund their vendor if they made mistakes.

We only literally followed their instructions, because there is no other way to get the payment.. and now we lost our products and our money, and also our 2CO account.

Essentially, you said you couldn't complain , but if this happened to me, I'd be complaining loud enough to be heard at the South Pole. LOL.

Well I already complained. Nice job.

Every order has been confirmed fraud. It is not unusual for fraudsters to communicate regarding orders. They know they have a time frame to receive services before the credit card theft is discovered. Hosting services typically attract excessive fraud. I'm sorry it did not work out and wish you luck with your future service provider.

Well it is unlikely that 10 orders would be fraudulent, so if they truly were fraudulent then them closing your account makes sense but whether they were actually fraudulent is another matter. I dont think 2CO would just scam you though, they have a reputation to protect which is more valuable then any money they would have owed you.

Well I don't think it's a good reputation if you think them as a vendor. You can not trust that their fraud check works, but to get the money you are asked to trust their word, but they still don't be responsible of anything.

So, why were all your orders fraudulent?:confused:

It seems like they actually went out of their way to catch all these orders. There is no reason why they would make that up :rolleyes2. I'm not surprised at all they terminated your account, if every order was found fraudulent, that's pretty unusual and a big red flag.

It sounds like you're not telling the whole story, or you indeed know the orders were fraud and just want to vent?:shh:

Can you tell us what exactly your product is?
I've been using 2CO for 6+ years and have never had an issue.

So, why were all your orders fraudulent?:confused:

It seems like they actually went out of their way to catch all these orders. There is no reason why they would make that up :rolleyes2. I'm not surprised at all they terminated your account, if every order was found fraudulent, that's pretty unusual and a big red flag.

It sounds like you're not telling the whole story, or you indeed know the orders were fraud and just want to vent?:shh:

Not true, this was the whole story. Before we used PayPal as a payment gateway with no problems at all, but we moved to 2CO because their service seemed to be better.

We had a similar problem quite some time ago before where some orders were placed and were purchased with 2CO. Got the email notification stating that the orders passed Fraud checks and was safe to proceed with order. Then went and processed the orders and weeks later came back and told us that the orders was fraud. The orders had domain registration, etc that could not be refunded so we were out of that money.

Was a good lesson to use your own fraud protection, which is why we use MaxMind + phone verification. It will help you a lot to reduce/eliminate these type of issues in the future not just with this payment gateway.

As with any payment gateway, it is your responsibility to make sure the order is not fraudulent no matter which company you use to accept payment especially if you decide to get your own merchant account. You will get a higher amount of fraud with online as it's easier to do then in person at a store.

Hello all.

I just wanted to write what happened with 2CO and us.
We signed up with their account because everywhere you can read how good and fast is their fraud detection.

We were really happy of their customer service and indeed fraud detection. It usually only took minutes to few hours to receive an email from them that told if the payment passed or not.

We continued with them and recommended their services to everyone. Then after few months our withdrawal limit was reached and we were waiting for deposit to our bank account, but it never came.

Suddenly we received an email that told: 'An internal investigation has determined that every order on this account was fraudulent. While we are not accusing you of any wrong doing, we can no longer support an account that requires constant monitoring. The account has been closed and the sign up fee will go towards the fees associated with refunded orders.'

It is pretty hard to believe that ALL (tens of) orders made through our website that 2CO already marked as PASSED and even DEPOSITED and told us to send the items to customers.

Well I can't complain because they are not taking any responsibility of what happened. We lost alot of money because of them. And I am just wondering does anyone else have had the same experience with them?

Opps thats pretty harsh on you... :( sad to hear your experience..I will suggest try using googlecheckout ..it works great for us.

2Checkout does a solid job on fruad screening. Fraud screening isn't perfect though. We had purchase a company who was using 2 Checkout and instead of cancelling all the subscriptions and moving them over to our merchant account we decide to allow 2Checkout to handle the subscriptions.

A new order was placed prior to us switching new orders over and our manager was reviewing the order. It was quickly tagged as fraud. 2Checkout took 48 hours to tag it.

We save ourselves money. Then we switch over to our merchant account and started using MaxMind + phone verification. It is easier then losing the $29.00 per chargeback.

If you have not found a new processor yet and you meet the requirements I would recommend CDG Commerce. They do a solid job for us and give you a lot of fraud defense systems for free.

This is of course absolutely terrible story.

But we were using 2checkout almost 4 years and never had any problems with them:((

The only problem with 2co is the transaction fees!

its something like 5% + .30 per transaction. They are making a killing off of the merchants.