$78 for an .xxx domain

Westpoint

I just checked some domains on Namecheap and learned that they sell an .xxx domain for $78 or so. Do you think it is worth it? I wouldn't create any websites with this type of domains, but I think there is nothing wrong with reselling .xxx domains.

I'm not convinced by the whole .xxx domain, it seems a bit of a gimick. I know they serve a purpose, but even if I was to host an *ahem* adult site I'm not sure i'd use the xxx name. Might just be personal preference though

I don't think it is worth it myself. I think they sell it at such a high price because it's new. In the next few months you may be able to get it for $13 or so.

I don't think it is worth it myself. I think they sell it at such a high price because it's new. In the next few months you may be able to get it for $13 or so.

true, just like everything else in the world

VPS was once un affordable to a general webhost, but now they are a cheap as a reseller account.

Mobile Phones were once priced at £300 + now you can get them from £10

I've recently read about this, I cant remember the indicated price but surely 78$- thats really not worth it in my opinion, even if you'll want to buy this type of domain I'm sure you'll be able to find better deals.