A Domain Name Worth $100 Million

A Good point taken is:

“We are actually buying a business,” Mr. Rosenschein said. “It just happens to own a great domain.”

I'm sure Single Letter Domains aren't worth as much as that.

If google had anything to do with it i expect that it would have sold for a lot more prob over double than what it was currently sold for.

Wow, congrats to the dictionary.com folks. I must say there's not a week that goes by that I don't visit dictionary.com at least once.

Brooke-TP said:
Wow, congrats to the dictionary.com folks. I must say there's not a week that goes by that I don't visit dictionary.com at least once.

Why ? This thread sparked my interest into a first visit and I wont be going back ...

othellotech said:
Why ? This thread sparked my interest into a first visit and I wont be going back ...

Probably to look up words. :smash:

I use Answers.com instead, theres a little plugin for firefox search thing in the toolbar. It gives you facts and all other kind of weird stuff. Plus you can hear the word pronounced without paying for an account, least thats how dictionary.com used to be.

I always use "define: word" in my Google toolbar.
It's quick and easy.

The dictionary.com name is worth a fortune though without the site. If they improve the site all the better.

Blue said:
I always use "define: word" in my Google toolbar.
It's quick and easy.

The dictionary.com name is worth a fortune though without the site. If they improve the site all the better.
Would single figure domains top this? If and when IANA releases them it's clear who will go with what.

G.com -> Google Inc
M.com -> Microsoft Corporation
Y.com -> Yahoo Inc

I don't know about the single character domains. Would be strange thats for sure! I don't think it would be fair to just pass them out or even put a higher price tag on them. They should be registered just like any other domain name.