A good free ticketing system as helpdesk

bandboy

I am looking for free ticketing system to make it work as a helpdesk. It must have piping (email piping) facility, so that each time a reply/ticket is opened, staff gets notified.

Pl. advise.

bandboy said:
I am looking for free ticketing system to make it work as a helpdesk. It must have piping (email piping) facility, so that each time a reply/ticket is opened, staff gets notified.

Pl. advise.

I'm sorry if this isn't the answer you're looking for, but: Why free? Honestly it's better to invest in quality software than to use cheap/free alternatives when you're running a hosting company... Just a suggestion ;)

RadixHosting said:
I'm sorry if this isn't the answer you're looking for, but: Why free? Honestly it's better to invest in quality software than to use cheap/free alternatives when you're running a hosting company... Just a suggestion ;)
I agree with you on this issue. You SHOULD get something that's of good quality. If your running a business why cheap out? Don't tell me you'd install a phpbb support board too :p

If your running a business, you SHOULD put in the extra funds to get good quality products, such as a forum for support and ticketing software. Yes, it's a bit costly, but in the end, it all pays off ;)

well not everyone wants to invest money in to their business but instead scrape by on opensource software. On some of our projects we've tried osTicket and found it to have a fair few problems and require bug fixes and lots of messing about before it'd even load. Every time we used it we gave up. On one of my free hosting projects we're using hesk, no email piping but it's working well.

If you want to go far, I would suggest spending your money for a more reliable and suitable help desk. I would recommend kayako.

OS Ticket

The piping wont work in the default installation. Check out their forums and in 1 thread its mentioned on how to use it.

You could try

TrellisDesk

We used it when we first started out and it did exactly what we wanted and more.

I don't think there is a problem starting with a free support system and then later decide to upgrade.

take a look at Cerberus and also SupporTrio free version

Customer service is extremely important in my opinion, and while there are some nice products out there for free, really, you get what you pay for.

I agree that there is nothing wrong with starting small and upgrading later, but at the same time, any investment made into quality and support will only help to pull one out of the small-time period.

I'd just fork over the cash for a paid system as they are much more professional and easy to manage. My favorite is WHCMS. You can get it for around the same price (per month) as what a couple customers pay for hosting.

I agree with **********, customer support is #1, get something good for cheap that you know will work :).

I know you say and want free but I would recommend you spend a little and get a lot
whmcs.com is a great billing and ticketing solution for unde $20 a month.
the time you will save will be worth it